cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for number to port from Koodo, employee may have typed my phone number wrong?

emdlopez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday I went to wow mobile in Toronto to buy a PM sim card and activate it. The employee who helped me told me that it would take some time for my number to port over, and that I would know when it happened because my Koodo sim card would stop working. It's been over 24 hours and my Koodo sim card is still working. In fact I got a text message from Koodo half an hour ago letting me know that my e-bill was ready to be paid. I was just looking over my receipt to double check that I had paid for everything and I realized that the employee typed my phone number in wrong (he put in area code 205 instead of 250, though I'm not sure if that was just an error on the receipt or an error he made during the activation process). Is this why my phone number hasn't ported over yet? How do I fix this? Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3

cdgunder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @emdlopez!

Jeez that is a problem! I would definitely get in touch with the moderator team (details here). They were super helpful when I had questions about porting from Koodo.

For me it only took about 2 hours to have my number ported and switched from Koodo in early July. 24hrs is way too long! 

Good luck!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

D'oh, always measure twice and cut once!  I recall that when porting a number, there was an eligibility check.  205 area code is Alabama.  How did this number pass the check?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emdlopez, I would get in touch with a memeber of the moderator team (via private message) and ask them to investigate.  If your old number was enterred incorrectly, then it definitely would not port in.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.