cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for Koodo phone number to be ported...

emilyhanna6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my SIM card today and requested to have my phone number ported from Koodo at 2:00 pm. 

Koodo says they approved the porting then cancelled my Koodo account. When I spoke to Koodo rep, he says the number is showing as 'dormant'.

Public Mobile is showing my new account, with ported Koodo number, as active.

As of now, 6:57 pm , my number is still not working.  If you call the phone number, it says not in service.

What's going on guys...I need this phone to be working ASAP!

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@emilyhanna6 

Do you have any service on the pm Sim card? If not it's a provisioning issue and you need to submit a support ticket via SIMon or send a private message. If you choose the latter read the spoiler in the post below and add "Sim card did not provision correctly upon activation" in the subject line and leave a detailed message. Your port sounds like it completed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

BTW....the live chat option on the website and the telus porting department cannot help you with this. Contact customer support ASAP so you get this fixed before closing time at 10pm eastern.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@emilyhanna6   can you make outbound calls or use Mobile Data?

the fact that it said Not in service is concerning.  Usually it just go to Voicemail

There is a number to call Porting support group.  I will send you the number to your Community inbox.  Please check and call them.  You an talk to the support staff and they can confirm if the porting was completed or with problem

emilyhanna6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Restarted phone multiple times, same issue.

I just ported another Koodo phone number yesterday and had no issues.

Currently waiting for an agent to respond in Live Chat .

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@emilyhanna6 When i ported my Kooda # to PM. He did not asked me anything. It happened not even one month ago( Nov 1). I activated the PM website.. It have no problem. Recived the txt msg from Koodo. Then my number is working on PM within 15 mins.

@emilyhanna6 wrote:

I activated my SIM card today and requested to have my phone number ported from Koodo at 2:00 pm. 

Koodo says they approved the porting then cancelled my Koodo account. When I spoke to Koodo rep, he says the number is showing as 'dormant'.

Public Mobile is showing my new account, with ported Koodo number, as active.

As of now, 6:57 pm , my number is still not working.  If you call the phone number, it says not in service.

What's going on guys...I need this phone to be working ASAP!

That should not be happening.  Please try restarting your device (although that really shouldn't make a difference in making others hear an out of service message when calling you).  Otherwise, this sounds to be a new account service provisioning issue. For this type of issue, you would need a Public Mobiel customer support agent to help. Open a ticket using the chatbot. https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.