cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status plan expired

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I was just reading some past posts and there seems to be a problem with people freaking out when they see it in their selfserve and some of them getting really upset about it. Then people from community ask if services are working as usual and if yes just to discard and ignore the status unless services get interrupted.

I was thinking it may be helpful to just rename that state into 'about to renew' it may save some grief.

Any thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6

Wholecloud
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was one of those freaking out as I wasn't expecting that. Thanks to this community I was assured that it's normal and I was also provided with a sequence of events that will take place the night of the payment is scheduled.

Now that I expect the PLAN EXPIRED to appear, I just review my account details the next morning and/or a text confirmation of payment from PM.

But yes I do agree that alternative wordings can and should be used instead.

Cheers to all !

@srlawren  I know you and others have been asking for a fix for this and other issues for quite a while now, which makes it that much more disappointing that PM has neglected to act after all this time. 

But I think compared to previous months, especially since the official roll out of SIMon chatbot (excepting the broken link issues earlier), there does seem to be less customer issues being posted.  So I'm feeling a little more hopeful that this may mean that more time and resources may be available to fix some of the simpler issues in the not too distant future, but I certainly won't hold my breath expecting it to happen anytime soon:)

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dabr wrote:

I believe many of the users who have been here for a long time have asked PM to fix the messaging, but it seems to be a low priority for them to do something about it. 

@dabr yes, I have personally been asking since late 2015, and I'm sure others probably beat me to that punch as well.  Don't hold your breath for changes at Public Mobile unless you're okay turning a deep blue.  

@will13am wrote:

Computers work pretty fast.  There is no reason why an account has to sit in various stages of renewal for hours at a time.  If the entire transition were to take place within a minute or two and in the middle of the night, most customers would not see the transition and however it is displayed won't matter. 

@will13am to say that things should happen faster because computers are fast is grossly oversimplifying the effort that might go into that type of change.  That said, masking the actual, behind-the-scenes statuses from the customer should be much more straightforward, and a common-sense thing to do.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Computers work pretty fast.  There is no reason why an account has to sit in various stages of renewal for hours at a time.  If the entire transition were to take place within a minute or two and in the middle of the night, most customers would not see the transition and however it is displayed won't matter. 

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The simple fix would be add to that expiration message to say if you are on autopay then to ignore the warning. This wouldn't take lots of time nor effort and will alleviate a lot of "freaking out" especially for new customers.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@totalUser wrote:

I was just reading some past posts and there seems to be a problem with people freaking out when they see it in their selfserve and some of them getting really upset about it. Then people from community ask if services are working as usual and if yes just to discard and ignore the status unless services get interrupted.

I was thinking it may be helpful to just rename that state into 'about to renew' it may save some grief.

Any thoughts?

@totalUser   You're right this has been a common issue when users see that message in their account and common responses to ignore it if everything is working.

I believe many of the users who have been here for a long time have asked PM to fix the messaging, but it seems to be a low priority for them to do something about it.  It should be a relatively easy, and I have no idea why it's not fixed by now.  Like you said it would save people a lot of grief!

Need Help? Let's chat.