cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam

3100fries
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I submitted a question a few minutes ago and when I went back to see if anyone replied I found a yellow banner on it that stated "

Marked as spam. If you believe this is an error, submit an abuse report.

Does this mean that the question has been marked as spam or if I think it is spam to report it.

24 REPLIES 24

HI @3100fries 

just open by messaging CS agent then:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

3100fries

Sounds extremely complicated and frustrating to me as I am not tech savvy. I am understanding what you are saying . My frustration lies with the lack of customer service and understanding from PM .

See the 2 screenshots below these were taken when I was in the U.S. trying to get support. The replies were from PM .

Screenshot_20220718-121532_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220718-083522_Chrome.jpg

@3100fries wrote:

Just for clarification are you saying that the 500 one time Int'l LD Bonus did me no good in the U.S. as well the US Roaming add on I bought did not allow me to text from the US back to Canada.

HI @3100fries 

the 500 one time Int'l LD bonus is ONLY to be used to call from Canada, it is NOT a roaming

the US roaming is a data roaming you got.  It is for data.  are you still in US now?  you can download VoIP app like TextNow.  You can then use the roaming data to use Textnow to make voice call on the app and use TextNow to text.  The only thing is that TextNow will give you another 10 digits number, and you use that other number to make call and text with TextNow app

3100fries

Thank you esjliv for your help. I am in conversation with others on this thread and I think my replies to them also apply to your answers to me.

I do think that for a non live CS department the information and add on's are not in a language that someone like me can understand.

Thanks again

3100fries

Thank you for your response. 

I think I am starting to understand what I have and what the US Roaming package did for me.

Just for clarification are you saying that the 500 one time Int'l LD Bonus did me no good in the U.S. as well the US Roaming add on I bought did not allow me to text from the US back to Canada.

I should have bought The US Roaming add on as well as a US talk and text add on.

As far as the CS Agent I was originally told there was no escalation department and when I did get in contact with the escalation department I was told there was no further course of action. 

HERE IS A CUT AND PASTE OF MY LAST REPLY FROM PM

"

Hello again L***y, 

That is correct, as I already mentioned, here at Public Mobile, there is no other level that this matter can be escalated to, as your case was already escalated once, to me. 

We are really sorry that you feel this way and that you are not happy with the resolution, but you have already been provided with the explanation of what happened on your account by both me and the agent that was handling your case on Live Chat. 

Should you have any other concerns or questions, feel free to reach out and one of our agents will be available for support. 

Have a great day!"

What I wish I could do is bring this frustrating experience and how it was handled to the attention of upper management  as I am sure this is not a isolated incident. 

You cannot talk and text whilst in the USA with those items listed in your picture. You only have data usage whilst in the USA available to you.

Incoming texts while in the USA can be an exception to this on any active plan(without roaming addons)...just to reiterate. 

@3100fries 

Ok there are a lot of questions to be answered so bear with me as I may need to update and some of your questions have been answered in this thread so I may be repetitive. I will start with the spam warning.

I have gotten a couple of these in the last few months that was a new one for me....one a chose to do nothing about as it was probably an omen. Sometimes fate intervenes....

The other I chose to click the report link in the message as I couldn't understand why it was marked as spam. The spam filter of this new and unusual spam warning had taken in several factors in my very long post (#1) along with as I recall there were number sequences (#2) at least one link to an outside site (#3) and possibly a phone number (#4) and I will track down the two spam marked posts and the reply from customer support (after I clicked the link and plead my case) with the official reasoning from the CSA. 

As far as my original post went that despite the triggers that marked it as spam once the CSA reviewed it they released It and it posted as it was meant to originally. I never asked but this could possibly be pm's response to the *poof* the magic dragon eating post bug that caused posts to go to your unmoderated items where they are stuck forever in perpetuity.....

For some background info on the spam filter....

Edit#1.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/poof-the-magic-dragon-disappearing-post-b...

Edit#2.

Uh oh if I am not careful this post might suffer the same fate as I got less of an explanation from the CSA than I thought. Their response.....

"There are times when he system recognizes a lengthy as spam

so I recommend you write a condensed  one"

Edit#3.

This is the post marked as spam as yours was but released after contacting customer support with the link in the spam warning.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/m-p/...

This post will help explain US Roaming Add ons and the options available to you.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

As previously explained in earlier posts some of the add ons you have in your account only work while you are in Canada or in some cases with the appropriate US Roaming add on such as the all encompassing $20 US Roaming bundle that covers all of your features so it would allow you to use other features but let me double check where seemingly domestic only features overlap when roaming in the US with the aforementioned US Roaming bundle.

When it comes to the customer service and responses you recieved....some of which is as much as is offered by pm but the agents and escalation department agent were lacking in their obligations to you as a customer and in conveying info and policy effectively for you to understand where you had made a mistake in understanding how and where your plan features and/or add ons work. The basic two being:

1. All add ons and plan** features only work while in Canada with the exception of 10 day US Roaming add ons (as above I will confirm any cross over features). **Except for the legacy $60 Canada/US Roaming 8.5gb/2gb plan last available in October 2019.
  2. With exception of incoming SMS texts none of your pm services will work in the US without a US Roaming add on or the above $60 Canada/US Roaming plan.

The other glaring mistake I notice unless you didn't mention it is CSA's and the escalations department are supposed to inform you of your option to file a complaint with the C C T S and direct you to the info on the pm website on how to do so....at the bottom of the page in green. While a negotiation can take place to resolve your issue without the need to file a formal complaint now you have two good reasons to file. I can help with that and/or give advice privately in how to move forward from here depending on what you seek as a resolution to your issue(s).

I will review my post and edit in a couple of pieces of info where needed.....

3100fries

Tried all that and it did not correct the issue.

Am I wrong in assuming that the 1000 MB US Roaming- 1GB Data would give me the ability to talk and text within the U.S.

3100fries

Thank you for your detailed reply.

I am attaching a screen shot of what I bought.

You are making sense, however it is extremely confusing and when I tried to contact PM Agent I was unable to and only had error messages returning to me from PM

Here are my add-ons

3100fries_0-1659389812735.png

HI @3100fries   you checked My Account and confirmed that you see the US roaming addon therE?

Make sure you have Roaming Mobile Data enabled if your roaming add-on has data

Make sure you first try to connect to T-Mobile, especially if you have Voice in your Roaming add-on.  

if you cannot connect to T-Mobile, then try to connect to AT&T

let us know how it goes

@3100fries wrote:

Now let me restate I had an "unlimited International Text" plan and purchased a U.S. Roaming add-on, should this not have covered me to text back and forth from the U.S. to Canada.

"Unlimited International text" is with all current inmarket public mobile plans. But this only applies whilst you are in CANADA.

Now, it has been know that while travelling in the USA you receive texts on an active plan, without purchasing an USA Roaming addons, but you cannot send any.

A USA Roaming addon including text should have given you the ability to text in/out (to Canda/USA) whilst in USA. But you are saying a CSA said you had the wrong one? Do you have a screenshot of what you had purchased, or which one they said you had?

If you are sure in this, submit a ticket again, and ask for more back up of what they are saying.

I also had a "Unlimited Canada-wide Talk as well as a 500 one time Int'l Long Distance bonus and again I purchased a U.S. Roaming add-on should this not have covered me to call back and forth from the U.S. to Canada.

No. Neither of these would have worked while you were in the USA.

Only Roaming ADDons get used whilst in USA on current plan.

Can someone explain to me what I did wrong.

Only a CSA should be able to explain what went wrong here, we have no access to your account or history of what was purchased.

Maybe you can share a screenshot of your payment history, you can find that here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

Hello @3100fries  see above/above

3100fries

Thanks for the reply, can you tell me what I did wrong that didn't allow my phone to work properly while I was in the U.S.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunate for you - if your not a spammer - however I'm glad that PM has a programmed spam filters  because I have noticed several brand new - day old accounts claiming that they lost their login info and password etc asking how to re-set. Some may be legitimate but then others may have just found phone and want to access the phones account. 

HI @3100fries   we didn't get your original question, likely it was marked as spam.

Today, we only see this question about if we see your other post, but No, we didn't see that

Please repost in a new post/topic again

3100fries

I wanted to submit the question to the community as I am not getting understandable answers from the CS side.

HI @3100fries   you have marked a post as spam, not the message

Also, I am not sure if you have send the question properly, the screenshot you show is the Community forum here

To properly open ticket with CS Agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

3100fries

Did you receive the screen shot, and question I sent them about 25 minutes ago.

3100fries

Did you receive the screen shot

3100fries

3100fries_1-1659366693908.png

3100fries

3100fries_0-1659366589542.png

The question was 

I recently found my self extremely frustrated with the lack of accessibility to support from PM. I went to the U.S. Newhampshire to be exact.

Before leaving I reviewed my plan with PM and understood that I was paying $40 for a 30 day plan that included "4.5 GB of data unlimited Canada wide talk and unlimited International text". I also found that PM had given me a one time 2 GB data bonus showing all 2 GB left and a one time 500 minute Int'l LD bonus also showing 500 mins left.

The night before I left I purchased a 1000 MB US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day)  This I thought would cover my ability to call and text back and forth between the U.S. and Canada. (Wrong)

When I tried to text to Canada I received a message from PM saying my plan did not allow me to text to Canada. However I could receive text from Canada and when I tried to call back to Canada I received a message saying my plan did not allow me to call back to Canada.

I tried numerous time to contact PM customer service on my phone but only received pages back like

"404 Whoops Looks like we are too busy thinking about you. Go to homepage"

or

"Verification Submitted followed by There seems to be an error submitting the ticket".

I was able to contact other customers whom were extremely helpful in having me try various things, but to no success, and could not understand why things weren't working. 

When I returned home I was able to submit a ticket and did get a response from a CS Agent and was told I did not buy the correct package and this individual was unable to communicate to me what I did wrong but insisted it was me.

Now let me restate I had an "unlimited International Text" plan and purchased a U.S. Roaming add-on, should this not have covered me to text back and forth from the U.S. to Canada.

I also had a "Unlimited Canada-wide Talk as well as a 500 one time Int'l Long Distance bonus and again I purchased a U.S. Roaming add-on should this not have covered me to call back and forth from the U.S. to Canada.

I asked for the ticket to be escalated and after some back and forth was told it would be escalated.

4 days later I did receive a email from a CS-Manager who also was unable to communicate to me what happen and tried to blame it on the U.S. provider, when I asked how this could be if I was getting errors from the PM website. No acceptable response. I asked her several times to escalate my concern and was told several times that there was no one else and that she was the last line of support. I advised her that I was not happy and would try to contact upper management through another avenue. Her reply "There is no other level that this can be escalated to, as my case was already escalated once.to her."

Can someone explain to me what I did wrong.

As well as is she correct that after her, I'm on my own Public Mobile has no further interest or avenue for customer support or satisfaction.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @3100fries   

where did you see it?  Maybe you can provide us a screenshot?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do you mind providing screenshot of that yellow banner?

Never got such thing...

What was your question?

3100fries

Dis you receive my reply showing the question I asked.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@3100fries hi I don't see it anywhere maybe it was,what were you trying to ask?

Need Help? Let's chat.