cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soon when PM stops using 3G, what can I replace my ZTE WF721 with, for my land line?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Title says it all. 

10 REPLIES 10

@hTideGnow wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk isn't that is cheaper to use service like Fongo? Only $5 per month instead of PM for $15

Perhaps. Fongo, Ooma, voip. They all have pros and cons. Who knows. My land line is costing roughly $17  a month plus taxes but I have it down to $4 and target is zero. 2 bucks for extra minutes. And PM has given us 2 sets of 500 LD minutes, which is very nice to have but I couldn’t tell you the last time we called out of country. I like the ZTE because it is mobile signal based, wireless, and has a backup battery and phone set has battery backup as well. So not dependent on a copper or optic line or electricity. Another alternative to the ZTE which I had never heard of (ZTE), I could also use a Panasonic link to cell but would have to buy another iPhone. The link to cell would give an iPhone that is portable too....but call forward covers that. I bought a new Panasonic set at Costco, link to cell, and would not pair with an iPhone 8 Plus. So we took it back.  I am reluctant to work out the hassles. 🥴🥴. 

@dust2dust wrote:

And it can be an internet hotspot wifi router. iirc it has some form of SMS too. It's been a while since I looked at that though.

Adding - can oracle @computergeek541 explain why I have a solution notification from the OP and then a solution notification from him? Did the OP remove it? Did the oracle? Then back?

Sorry. I clicked on an option by mistake.

And it can be an internet hotspot wifi router. iirc it has some form of SMS too. It's been a while since I looked at that though.

Adding - can oracle @computergeek541 explain why I have a solution notification from the OP and then a solution notification from him? Did the OP remove it? Did the oracle? Then back?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk isn't that is cheaper to use service like Fongo? Only $5 per month instead of PM for $15

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for your ideas everyone. We live in a large home and like the idea of multiple handsets being available. The ZTE Smart Hub Model MF279T is the best idea for me as is 4G and is basically an upgrade of the WF721 which is only 3G. 

Depending on how PM handles the transition away from 3G, I may or may not move on.  

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Or simply not have a home phone line any longer transfer that to your cellphone 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

mf279t

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CountyDownIeUk you still have time to shop.  Even PM introduces VoLTE, the 3G neteotk will still work till 2025 or could be longer.  The end of 2025 is not really a firm dateand

why not use freephoneline for free? just need to get an adapter for around $100 or so

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Any modern phone made within 3-4 years.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Almost any device,  @CountyDownIeUk 

Am i missing something? 

• Google Home
  • Alexa
Need Help? Let's chat.