cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes my 3G cuts out for a period of time

mc-ascher
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey! I have the 3G $40/month plan and sometimes when my wifi connection is weak I disable it and rely on 3G, but occasionally that fails me too, even when my monthly data usage has been extremely low/barely touched. Is this related to the speed quality of my data, or potentially something else?

thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Naepalm at pm  voice is only over the 3g network.  Data goes on 3g and LTE .

Not sure how auto switching between 3g and  4g works.  But most defaultsdefault are already auto choose.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@mc-ascher @mimmo isnt it possible to change a setting in your phone so that it can switch between 3G and 4G? 

My phone sometimes will have the 3G symbol in the top corner, sometimes it says 4G and sometimes it says LTE. Which makes me wonder if your phone asher is only set to one of those? Or only capable of one? 

mc-ascher

thank you! yes, i think you're right. probably was a weak signal!

mc-ascher

thank you! yes that would make some sense.... i'll think about that next time.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@mc-ascher What is the strength of the signal you have? You can try to force your phone to connect to 3G, and it may boost a little your signal + internet speed.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It could be your phone, it could be your location ie are you in a basement? It could be weak tower signals from Telus.

My gut is it has to to do with location in your house.  

Some additional info would be helpful. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mc-ascher 

Have you noticed if this happened in certain specific locations?  Maybe getting a weaker signal at certain spots.  

One way to find out if it is a phone issue versus PM data issue is to put your PM Sim card in another working phone.  To see whether you have similar issues with your data.

Need Help? Let's chat.