cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone set up a public calling account on my phone without my permission

Mamabear1985
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Someone set up a public calling account with Google voice how do I get this off my phone? Is this legal?  I'm not getting my texts and stuff. My data is not working on my phone.

8 REPLIES 8

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

Actually, some people can use Google voice with one Canadian Area code: 403, which is southern Alberta. Google voice had a glitch where it thought 403 area code was a US area code. I took advantage of it, and use it on my Alberta number. This won't work anymore though, as Google fixed this glitch some time ago, but it still works for people who signed up when it wasn't fixed.

My point still stands as that issue was fixed long ago.

WoozyPolarBear

Actually, some people can use Google voice with one Canadian Area code: 403, which is southern Alberta. Google voice had a glitch where it thought 403 area code was a US area code. I took advantage of it, and use it on my Alberta number. This won't work anymore though, as Google fixed this glitch some time ago, but it still works for people who signed up when it wasn't fixed.

darkomega

I don't even see how that is possible, you cant use it with Canadian numbers period.Screenshot_20220209-135129_Voice.jpg

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mamabear1985 

You number might be spoofed. I get calls on my cell but when I called the displayed number on my landline…it rings. It should be busy if they are calling my cell.

Maybe try what @esjliv instruction.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Mamabear1985 

if someone enter your number to link Google voice but there a verify to enter the code you received by SMS. the system google voice unacceptable activate without code SMS.

maybe the scam call take your number and they use it and you think is Google voice.

Google Voice on Web - YouTube

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mamabear1985  - can that be done in error?

See if you can try to Delete your Google Voice number:
  1. On your computer, open Google Voice.
  2. Sign in with the Google Account you used to register your number.
  3. At the top right, click Settings .
  4. On the left, click Account.
  5. Under “Google Voice number,” find the number you want to delete.
  6. Click Delete. Delete number.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

WOW! How is that possible? I thought Google voice is for calling from PC only?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. So calls in/out? Texts in/out? Browsing internet on cell data (not wifi)?

What recording do you get when you dial 611?

Need Help? Let's chat.