cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some texts not sending, some sending duplicates

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hope everyone's doing well. I haven't been on here for sometime because work's been busy and our phone service has been problem free with PM, up until today.

My wife and I are both PM users. I have a KeyOne (Android), she has an iPhone.

Earlier, I sent a pic (MMS) to my wife and a few messages. She didn't receive them. She sent a reply to say that and I received her text five times. We regularly reboot phones, so not sure why this is happening. Any suggestions? TIA. 

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mh1983 wrote:

Hope everyone's doing well. I haven't been on here for sometime because work's been busy and our phone service has been problem free with PM, up until today.

My wife and I are both PM users. I have a KeyOne (Android), she has an iPhone.

Earlier, I sent a pic (MMS) to my wife and a few messages. She didn't receive them. She sent a reply to say that and I received her text five times. We regularly reboot phones, so not sure why this is happening. Any suggestions? TIA. 

@mh1983  - for the Android, do you know if Chat Features is enabled?

If so, try turning it off:

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Could be some issue with cell towers?

Did you try texting somebody else on and not on Telus network?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mh1983   Hard to know why some of your texts are not being received.  I know of one instance (only one I was able to confirm) when I didn't receive a text sent to me, perhaps there were others that I'm not aware of.

Here's some other suggestions from chatbot:

Toggle airplane mode on/off.

Manually select PM network on your network settings.

Test your SIM in another phone to rule out an issue with your device.

Of course, make sure the data is enabled on the phones in case it was temporarily turned off?

Otherwise you might need to submit a ticket to customer support unless someone else has a few more troubleshooting tips.

Need Help? Let's chat.