cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my calls are going straight to voicemail.

shalan88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched to Public two weeks ago and some of my incoming calls are going straight to voicemail. I have tried all the recommendations regarding settings, updates, etc. but I can not resolve the issue.

8 REPLIES 8

shalan88

I have tried the sim in a different area. Just switched to LTE. Apparently it may take some time for the switchover, so I'll wait to see if it makes a difference. Not sure how to open a ticket if this doesn't resolve the issue.

@shalan88  did you try changing the network to 3G and see if it works?  did you testd your sim in different area?

you can certainly open ticket with PM support, but at the moment, I don't see hugh number of posts about issues like yours, so, it could be just a local network issue 

since you have iPhone 14 pro, try enable VoLTE

iPhone: Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data, enable 4G or LTE there

shalan88

I have an iphone 14 pro. I believe it is some kind of carrier issue as calls from other Public mobile customers come through, but the ones that go straight to voicemail are from Bell or Rogers customers. Often the incoming calls just keep ringing and don't even get VM. I did try using the 3G but it didn't get calls through either. Like you, I don't even see them as coming through on recent.. I am really hopeful that someone will chime in with a resolution, as there doesn't seem to be any type of live chat for Public Mobile, just the Bot and forum. This change to Public has been a very frustrating experience in terms of finding an answer that works. 

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What phone do you have? I have this issue consistently I have an iphone8 plus. Apple says it’s not their issue as the calls will go directly to voicemail and public says it’s not their issue despite me having no record of the call if they don’t leave a voicemail (call display doesn’t even show a missed call or the number). I am hopeful the recent upgrade to Volte will help but I’m not super hopeful.  Forcing my phone to 3G did seem to help but I upgraded my plan to lte so that’s not an option anymore. Lemme know what fixes you’ve tried. I know others with the same issue. Usually on apple devices 

shalan88

Not rural and I have two bars.

shalan88

I do get other calls coming through, but it appears that the blocked calls are from contacts that are with Rogers. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shalan88   only some of the calls and not ALL, right?

if it is ALL, it could be another issue

What brand and model is your phone? Not sure if VoLTE is compatible on your phone, if so, enable VoLTE and it could resolve the issue

Another fix is to test by changing your phone's Preferred network type or Network mode to 3G (or WCDMA) and see if it works better

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Are you in a rural part of the country ? How many "bars" of service do you get ?

Need Help? Let's chat.