cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site problem

johntier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Am wondering if anyone can tell me what is wrong with public mobile site since Telus took over? I’m trying to pay my monthly and it’s telling me I’m suspended. No I’m not, I’ve been with PM over a year and a half and every time I fill out my info to pay they say I didn’t put my expiry date and I did, all 7 times

6 REPLIES 6

twlpc96
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They put my ticket to high priority, they finally admitted it's their end

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@johntier 

Public Mobile Inc. is a Canadian self-serve mobile brand which is owned by Telus.[1] Launched on March 18, 2010, Public Mobile was one of several new Canadian cellphone providers that started in 2009–10 after a federal government initiative to encourage competition in the wireless sector.

Public Mobile was acquired by Telus in October 2013. As of August 8, 2014, Public Mobile operates as a mobile virtual network operator on the Telus Mobility network. On August 31, 2015, Public Mobile "relaunched" to the public under a beta program providing free SIM cards and three tiers of BYOD plans starting with a 10-day, 30-day or a 90-day period, all of which have respective options of Talk, Text and Data. The service is not charged by minute, as with other prepaid providers. Instead, customers select which types of unlimited talk and text service and which data caps they would like for a 10-, 30-, or 90-day period.

HI @twlpc96   It's good CS agent is on your case and aware of it.

Just keep replying them daily and make sure they don't forgot your case

twlpc96
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@johntier wrote:

Am wondering if anyone can tell me what is wrong with public mobile site since Telus took over? I’m trying to pay my monthly and it’s telling me I’m suspended. No I’m not, I’ve been with PM over a year and a half and every time I fill out my info to pay they say I didn’t put my expiry date and I did, all 7 times

I've been also been dealing with serious issues even logging in into my account since TELUS/PM switched website templates. I've been communicating with CSA via private messages concerning this, they tried a test password with my account login, that failed. My service itself, 6-1-1 is fully functional, but resetting passwords, also no bueno. I know my old password. It seems like a lot of accounts have been "broken" into half during their transfers, and most of those accounts have their Email/Self-Serve/My Account portion "broken". It's like I'm not registered with my email with PM, but it is. Fortunately, I don't need any addons or anything that needs Self-Serve for now. They better fix this issue.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @johntier 

there has been some site issue with payment since the new My Account introduced.

Did you try on another browser? Incognito mode?

If still fails, please open ticket with PM CS agent and have them check:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@johntier  - Telus owns Public Mobile, so Telus basically always had 'the site'...

edit, there had been website self serve issues since the latest upgrade though. A bit of a painful improvement until bugs are fixed, i'd say.

Do you still have services? If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew.

So, if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

Add Funds, manually, to your owing amount or more, through SELF SERVE (or by calling 611 if you have a card registered), then select to reactivate/resume services if it does not automatically do so.

If your plan still does not reactivate / resume and it shows $0 owing, try adding a $1 top-up payment. 

Or try

1. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  2. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  3. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  4. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  5. Log off your account. Log back in. Reboot your phone.

If this was an Autopay failure, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

Methods to contact the Customer Support Agents (CSA): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.