cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simon

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Is simple Simon still working... the ? is missing lately. Come to think of it...the Quote button is gone too. Did I miss a notification or something ?

18 REPLIES 18

@popping wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

Simple Simon is still there as well as the quote button.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Quote-and-Macros-button/m-p/513465

@Triguy...Found the quote button thanks, but the ? Simon link is missing yet.

I am using Chrome browser on my Android phone, Chrom and Opera browsers on my Windows 10.  All of them has ? button. and SIMon is working.  There may be a setting on your browser was accidentally changed.  Try resetting your browser to the default setting.

I don't believe this is a user caused issue. The way that the quote button keeps vainishing and coming back is an example of that. I also had the the SIMon quetsion mark disappear before. It came back on it's own. No settings were ever changed.

@ichor  wrote:

Simon is working for me (windows desktop chrome).  Do you have popup or java blockers on your browser?

@ichor  I'm getting very jealous of the quoters I think its causing a divide in the community with us unquote-ablers being forced to copy and paste like a '70's graphic design studio just to put things in context!

Although, Simon doesn't seem to know the "airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow" which I found disappointing but understandable.  

The more important question......did simple simon know where the the coconuts came from?

@hairbag1 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@hairbag1   For me Simon ? mark is only available on the Get Help page.  It's been that way for several weeks now.  Hopefully, PM gets that and the Quote button functioning properly soon for everyone.

Thanks @dabr ...I knew the Simon link was there...just can't find it in its usual spot here. I want to make sure to be able to communicate correct info when someone wants to know how to contact a moderator.

I seem to be able to access the Quote function ok now...the button disappeared and I wasn't sure how others were able to use it. Thanks

@hairbag1   Yes the quote button seems to be available sometimes when expanding the tool bar (as now), or other times only when editing.  Oh well:)

@dabr wrote:

@hairbag1   For me Simon ? mark is only available on the Get Help page.  It's been that way for several weeks now.  Hopefully, PM gets that and the Quote button functioning properly soon for everyone.

Thanks @dabr ...I knew the Simon link was there...just can't find it in its usual spot here. I want to make sure to be able to communicate correct info when someone wants to know how to contact a moderator.

I seem to be able to access the Quote function ok now...the button disappeared and I wasn't sure how others were able to use it. Thanks

ichor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm seeing Simon on my pc and tablet on all the usual places.

It could be a sticky cookie from the last update.  Have you cleared your browser history?  Do you have any popup or other blockers turned on?

as for the quote tag - it looks like it's a miscommunication in the code.  It loads, then hides which makes me think it's there but there is something in the code that the mobile browser is interpreting as "hide this line of buttons and the three dots" when the code of the page is saying "just hide the second line of text and expand it when the three dots are pressed". (my programming friends call this unresponsive responsive design or something fancy like that - I just do the idiot testing because of my remarkable skills for breaking computery stuff) But we cannot press the three dots because the browser thinks they need to be hidden along with that other line of buttons.   

dabr
Mayor / Maire

The SIMon question mark icon has been disappearing for the last few weeks. I use Firefox, almost exclusively, and it's only visible occasionally. As for the missing quote button.... well, that's been ongoing now for at least a week or two - one day it's there, another day you have to post a reply, and then edit that post to get the quote button to show up again.

Someone from PM(THINK it was Dave?) mentioned tinkering with updates, but I haven't seen any further info since then....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Quote-and-Macros-button/m-p/513465

I am using Chrome browser on my Android phone, Chrom and Opera browsers on my Windows 10.  All of them has ? button. and SIMon is working.  There may be a setting on your browser was accidentally changed.  Try resetting your browser to the default setting.

ichor

@Jb456 wrote:

@Triguy 

These are the options I have when I switch to desktop mode on Chrome mobile.

Screenshot_20200320_142953.jpg

when I tested on my tablet (android, chome) the three dots load then vanish so I cannot get to them.  when the page finishes loading, I see what the other poster sees.

However, simon is showing up fine on my tablet

@Triguy wrote:

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Triguy 

These are the options I have when I switch to desktop mode on Chrome mobile.

Screenshot_20200320_142953.jpg

@Triguy  

Defeats the purpose when I do all my postings and screenshots from my phone.

Even when I switch to desktop mode it's not available.

Did I miss a thread about this? As I've been occupied lately to read all threads....

Thanks.

@Jb456 Try using Desktop, Windows 10 using Microsoft Edge

ichor

@Jb456 wrote:

@Triguy 

No quote on Chrome Android Mobile 🤔

Screenshot_20200320_140411.jpg

I made it work in chrome on windows desktop.  

But it looks different than last week.  Must be an update (to the site or browser).  Do you have a '...' button on your mobile?  Any java or popup blockers engaged?

expand.JPGquote.JPGworked.JPG

@Triguy 

No quote on Chrome Android Mobile 🤔

Screenshot_20200320_140411.jpg

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1 , Simon shows for me here Samsung tablet using Chrome.  The quotes never showed up. What  equipment are you using, and which browser? 

ichor

Simon is working for me (windows desktop chrome).  Do you have popup or java blockers on your browser?

Although, Simon doesn't seem to know the "airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow" which I found disappointing but understandable.  

Need Help? Let's chat.