cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim cards from London drugs

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Apparently of London drugs well not sell SIM cards without activating them for you my question is if your having a Sim card issue how do you get a replacement Sim card Quickly? I do not need one I’m just curious on what to do if I ever did need one

20 REPLIES 20

cstunden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I bought mine from London Drugs and was able to purchase the SIM without activation on on the spot. 

@RosieR 

I'm the same way. I have a similar problem with pc optimum points and if I didn't have a sim card stockpile already ( just wait for the zombie apocalypse people! Then who you gonna call?) I would have bought 5 sim cards at TMS to recieve 25,000 points. Did i need to buy 7 boxes and a giant bag of treats yesterday on points for $44 to get 30,000 back? Noooooooo....but I did. Ok yes i admit it I have a little points problem too......

@kb_mv et tu, Keven?  lol  my late husband once said if dog food was on sale, I would buy it.  we didn't have a dog. lol

@RosieR @darlicious Sometimes I convince myself that I will lose money if I don't make the purchase lol.

@darlicious oh dear, I certainly don't want to get to that point... but but I love sales.  😞

@RosieR 

That was the day I hit bottom. I was about to hit the PayPal button and I knew I had a problem. I slowly backed out of the website. It's one day at a time....serenity now, serenity now....

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

The sim cards from CCS kept getting cheaper and I kept buying more....i had to cut myself off and go cold Turkey! I think I have 20 or 21 or was it 23? It's a lot and let's just leave it at that.

@darlicious omg so nice to hear you got more sim cards than me! LOL but I've only started two  months ago.  I cannot say no to sales!  but only if they are dirt cheap.  When CCS had PM sim cards for $1.99, I just had to buy them.  🤣🤣🤣

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi. My name is darlicious and I'm addicted to SIM cards. 🙂 The feel, the look, the smell mmmmm

lol thats funny.

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

The sim cards from CCS kept getting cheaper and I kept buying more....i had to cut myself off and go cold Turkey! I think I have 20 or 21 or was it 23? It's a lot and let's just leave it at that.

Any rooms you can re-wallpaper?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. My name is darlicious and I'm addicted to SIM cards. 🙂 The feel, the look, the smell mmmmm

@kb_mv 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I always keep a spare PM SIM card or two handy for referrals (or emergencies), too. Always stock up when PM sells them cheap.

This particular London Drugs may have had low stock, a new/overzealous/uninformed employee or manager, or unusual in-store policies.

PM has some history of communicating poorly with their retailers so some retailers respond by being uncooperative in supporting the PM brand (and they usually try to push other brands which are more lucrative for them).

This London Drugs department is not necessarily representative of the entire London Drugs chain. Just as there are sometimes Walmart locations which provide PM services with unsurpassed excellence, lol.

@AE_Collector wrote:

As someone always looking for the next opportunity to secure a referral for my account I always have a few SIM cards on hand. Thus a SIM is available if I needed by myself or any of my friends who come to me for Public Mobile help and advice.

AE_Collector 

I bought a bunch of sims for this purpose as well. CCS had them on for ridiculously cheap. I couldn't afford to not buy some lol.

News to me as well. Sounds like Walmart inadvertently had a new London Drugs sign installed outside.

As someone always looking for the next opportunity to secure a referral for my account I always have a few SIM cards on hand. Thus a SIM is available if I needed by myself or any of my friends who come to me for Public Mobile help and advice.

AE_Collector 

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@111111 

That's the first I've heard of this I usually find London Drugs very friendly and I have gotten a couple SIM cards from them no problem at all.

@111111 

I'm surprised to hear this as I've had very good dealings with London drugs. I think you got a poorly trained employee. London drugs has a customer satisfaction guarantee. I would phone the manager of the electronics department and complain and ask for remediation.

**The LD Extras program emailed me my $5 birthday coupon/voucher today redeemable on pm vouchers and the purchase of a $10 pm voucher will earn me 1/10 "visits" towards another $5 coupon/voucher.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@111111 

It may be just that specific LD is doing that.

I will call another one to check before going.

Usually, LD is good in selling PM SIM card without activation.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @111111 

It shouldn't be the case, but it seems each store decides how to sell their PM SIM cards: stand-alone, only along with activation or both.

If you want to keep some extra SIM card(s) around, why not order from https://canadiancellsupplies.com/ as they often have them discounted.

@111111 

Phone another one. I know that the LDs in Victoria sells them without activation.

Edit: It is always good to have an extra sim card on hand. Don’t wait for when you need it. Get one soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@111111 wrote:

Apparently of London drugs well not sell SIM cards without activating them for you my question is if your having a Sim card issue how do you get a replacement Sim card Quickly? I do not need one I’m just curious on what to do if I ever did need one

Hmm that's news. I thought London Drugs was good. Walmart bad.

You can always mail-order from here or Amazon or CCS.

I think I've heard of people saying they lost their phone or SIM or something and succeeding in getting one. But of course that would be lying. (unless they really did)

Need Help? Let's chat.