cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I switch to 4G speed?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am loving my Public Mobile service.  I have been on the $40 5GB plan at 3G speed for approx. 3 years   

Has anyone recently switched to the 4G?  I understand it should be up to 30 times faster.

What kind of difference are you noticing? 

Is it just as reliable or better?

Will it make a difference when I travel occasionally to the US and add a US plan?

Would there be any disadvantage?

I'd like some feedback to help me decide if I should make the switch...

Thanks in advance everyone! 😁

5 REPLIES 5

@DDM69 wrote:

I thought I heard that the US will no longer be supporting 3G.  So I would like to make sure I still have data when travelling south.

@DDM69 don't get mix up with the 3G network shutdown and our 4G or 3G plans they are offering

3G or 4G plan is just a difference between the speed, not really about the access to 3G or 4G network. 

BOTH 3G and 4G plans have access to 3G or 4G network 

So, in short, you can still buy and use US roaming addon with your 3G plan.  

When you are in US , when you using your roaming, you will be accessing the 4G network there for data and possibly the 2G network on T-Mobile for voice

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I thought I heard that the US will no longer be supporting 3G.  So I would like to make sure I still have data when travelling south.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DDM69 

It is more speed than reliability.  If you are a mobile gamer, the speed could be significant

If you are noticing slowness now, then the speed upgrade could help

If you do not download a lot, do not download and watch 4K movies, then the speed likely won't be very useful to you

For US, I do not think the speed is capped when you are in US roaming anyway

Any disadvantage?  your pocket $$

If you are happy with the speed you have now, I think  there is no need to make the change

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I doubt you will ever see any speed difference unless you do speed check.

Difference is not like dial-up vs. high speed.

There will be no difference for US travels. 4G affects data only. Voice still uses 3G.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@DDM69 hi it won't make a diference when you go to the states,if youlike what you have now, why change?

Need Help? Let's chat.