cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings for an iphone 6 plus....

TonyE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I just started yesterday with this Public Mobile. I thought it was easy to set up until my friend called me on my home phone and said that he has been both texting and calling my cell but could not get through. I texted and called other people and sometimes it works and more than not it does not work. Could it be a setting in my phone or do i have to set something else up?

Does anyone else have an iphone 6 plus and is having problems?

I sent a message to the mods but is there somewhere I can go to learn what my iphone should be set at? thanks ...

15 REPLIES 15

TonyE

Okay thats what I will do. I will use my old one until something changes or gets better. I will try the PM card in a few days and just see if it works any better or not. Thanks for all your help everyone! I really aprreciate it. I tried calling customer service but ... again thanks

Okay, sorry for my delays, you’re getting great help from @kwokamole and @popping.

your port should already be completed.  Something has gone wrong, but you’ve contacted the Moderator team (right?)’ so they should be able to help you when they get to your message.

Right now, your old sim is still working, use it. Do not cancel your old service, the porting process will do that for you.

Hopefully the moderators will get back to you sooner, rather than later.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TonyE wrote:

Okay I went in and the number is correct. I noticed that there is no 1 - at the start of the number. Do you think that would make a difference? On my phone when I had the PM sim card in it actually said in the top left corner "public mobile" instead of my old cell phone provider so I thought that it was all 100 percent.

Thank you for confirming that you did initiated porting your old number to PM.  Nothing you can do until moderator fixed your porting issue.  Continue toi use your old DIM until it is completely dead.  Then, use your new PM SIM in your iPhone.

The 1 in front for your phone number will not matter as phone compay will add it anyway if you do not include the "1" when you dial or text.

TonyE

Okay I went in and the number is correct. I noticed that there is no 1 - at the start of the number. Do you think that would make a difference? On my phone when I had the PM sim card in it actually said in the top left corner "public mobile" instead of my old cell phone provider so I thought that it was all 100 percent.

popping

@TonyE wrote:

s been about 24 hours so far and me being the techie ( not) that I am thought that everything would just switch over and work instantly. I have never heard the phrase "port" before so this is all new to me. Dont woirry someday I am sure I will look back at this and laugh...not.

Okay so lets recap....just because you sign up with PM and put a new sim card in does not mean that you will instantly be switched over and everything will work 100 percent right away. It will take time and you may get some messages and calls but maybe not all of them. Its best to keep your old sim card in and wait for a few days (weeks?) until the people at pm get a chance to push all of the buttons and knowbs that they need and redirect the satelite directly over my house to make my phone work.:)

I am writing this for someone else that may have problems with a cell like mine.

Question: when PM gets doen porting all of my stuff then do they send you a message and say I am 100 percent ready to go or I will know by the number of calls and texts that I miss?

p.s. Have I told you lately how much I hate technoligy?

It took me 30 minutes to port my number to PM at midnight.

Since you heard the word "port" the first time, did you initiate porting your old number to PM?

Login to you account to find out what the phone number are you using.

Click on the [Plan and Add-ons] tab to find out what is the number that PM system thinked that you have.

TonyE

s been about 24 hours so far and me being the techie ( not) that I am thought that everything would just switch over and work instantly. I have never heard the phrase "port" before so this is all new to me. Dont woirry someday I am sure I will look back at this and laugh...not.

Okay so lets recap....just because you sign up with PM and put a new sim card in does not mean that you will instantly be switched over and everything will work 100 percent right away. It will take time and you may get some messages and calls but maybe not all of them. Its best to keep your old sim card in and wait for a few days (weeks?) until the people at pm get a chance to push all of the buttons and knowbs that they need and redirect the satelite directly over my house to make my phone work.:)

I am writing this for someone else that may have problems with a cell like mine.

Question: when PM gets doen porting all of my stuff then do they send you a message and say I am 100 percent ready to go or I will know by the number of calls and texts that I miss?

p.s. Have I told you lately how much I hate technoligy?

Did you get a sms from public saying anything about your porting progress?  Cell to cell ports generally are pretty quick.  When did you say it was started?

Your old sim will stop working if the port completes successfully.  How long have you been waiting?

popping

@TonyE wrote:

I can send out sometimes and text some people but not all people. I can dial out but not recieve calls with the PM sim card. Does my old accound with the old provider have to be deactivated before the new one will kick in? I just called them to ask them to unlock my phone but i don't think I actually cancelled my service for my cell from them.

There is an issue during porting your number.  Just wait for moderator to fix the porting.

Ask you previous provider to unlock your phone will not cancel your service.  Since you can dial out and send text out using the PM SIM card, you number is ported halt way ported.  Continue to use your old SIM to dial out/send text and received calls/text until it is dead.  Then, you can start using the new PM SIM card.

TonyE

I can send out sometimes and text some people but not all people. I can dial out but not recieve calls with the PM sim card. Does my old accound with the old provider have to be deactivated before the new one will kick in? I just called them to ask them to unlock my phone but i don't think I actually cancelled my service for my cell from them.

popping

@TonyE wrote:

have been sending and texting a bit but not to everyone. I also havent recieved any texts but i diod not know that. Also when I phone the number it goes straight to a message.

I put my old sim card in and it worked perfect and I goit a bunch of texts and stuff instantly.

now what?

Continue to use your old SIM card for the time being and wait for moderator to fix up your problem.  Good luck.

TonyE

have been sending and texting a bit but not to everyone. I also havent recieved any texts but i diod not know that. Also when I phone the number it goes straight to a message.

I put my old sim card in and it worked perfect and I goit a bunch of texts and stuff instantly.

now what?

popping

@TonyE wrote:

Hello, I just started yesterday with this Public Mobile. I thought it was easy to set up until my friend called me on my home phone and said that he has been both texting and calling my cell but could not get through. I texted and called other people and sometimes it works and more than not it does not work. Could it be a setting in my phone or do i have to set something else up?

Does anyone else have an iphone 6 plus and is having problems?

I sent a message to the mods but is there somewhere I can go to learn what my iphone should be set at? thanks ...

Can you dial out and send text out?

If yes, you number porting is not fully completed.  Since you already send a private message to morderator for help.  Nothing you can do now but wait.  Sending another private message will move you to the end of the wait queue.

For the time being, you can use your old SIM until it is completely dead,  Then, your port will be completed and you can use your PM SIM card then.

TonyE

y stone, I put my old sim card and everything worked fine. So something that I did when signing up or putting in the public sim card did not work. Can I start again and where are the instructions for setting it up again? thanks for your help by the way!

kwokamole

Have you been able to send any texts or make any phone calls?  Most phones have the carrier in the top left of your screen.  If it does say "Public Mobile" and you are having issues it is probably more than a phone issue.  If it doesn't, then there may have been something wrong with the original setup.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

It sounds like you may be porting in your number from your previous carrier, and it hasn’t completed yet.

can you try your old sim, and see what happens?

Need Help? Let's chat.