cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up YouMail Voicemail with SIM moved to new phone? IMEI update?

ArmFreq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to setup voicemail with YouMail on my new iPhone (it was working fine on my previous Android) but it doesn't seem to be working.

I'm supposed to:

"1) Call Public Mobile and ask them to remove voicemail from your account.

2) Make sure they have "conditional call forwarding" enabled for your phone (busy, no answer, not reachable).

3) And have them forward your phone to: xxx-xxx-xxxx"

I also may need to have the IMEI updated on my account as I've moved my SIM to a new phone?

How might I go about doing all of these things, who should I contact and how?

9 REPLIES 9

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@ArmFreq  Using youmail should be as simple as setting the 3 conditional forwards to one of the youmail deposit numbers, and that's all. As per the link provided by @HALIMACS you should only need to dial:

*004*14388002666#

.. and you're DONE. After that, unanswered/missed calls should be picked up by your existing YouMail service, and voicemails will be e-mailed to you or pop up in your app depending how you set it up.

Thankfully, call forwarding with public mobile to any Canadian number is free/included, unlike Telus Mobility & Koodo postpaid plans which charge either per minute, or a $5 flat add-on fee....

@ArmFreq 

Dial *62* + ten-digit phone number + number you would like to forward + SEND. 

johnprince
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ArmFreqWhy are you supposed to do those steps? I just swapped to my new phone and was good to go.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1. they won't, you can't
2. these are user settable
3. see #2.

I'll leave it open to be corrected by Apple folks but you just need to register your phone to your Apple ID. Also, go in to settings general about and check for carrier updates.

So you set call forwarding to your Youmail number so that callers drop voicemails there.
You set your call voicemail number to your Youmail number.

ArmFreq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to setup voicemail with YouMail on my new iPhone (it was working fine on my previous Android) but it doesn't seem to be working.

I'm supposed to:

"1) Call Public Mobile and ask them to remove voicemail from your account.

2) Make sure they have "conditional call forwarding" enabled for your phone (busy, no answer, not reachable).

3) And have them forward your phone to: xxx-xxx-xxxx"

I also may need to have the IMEI updated on my account as I've moved my SIM to a new phone?

How might I go about doing all of these things, who should I contact and how? Thanks.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You cannot remove voice mail from your account.

You can 'disable' voice mail with some tricks but most likely that is not what you are after. In case of applying 'trick' to disable vmail nobody will be able to leave vmail in your mailbox.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ArmFreq 

first, there is no way to remove voicemail.  PM won't disable it

@Nezgar is our YouMail expert here, maybe he can help  🙂 

Need Help? Let's chat.