cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up for auto payment and PM did not take it, so they cut off my phone! :(

Marie-Sue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am pretty mad. I have autopsy set up, and public mobile gave me my $2.00 reward for having it set as such. There is funds in my bank account, but they didn't take the payment, and now, I have no phone, no text, and no data. I am rather pissed about this, and I dont even know how to fix this. I liked public mobile till now,now I am mad. Have no clue as how to fix this issue, and I fear that I will be loosing my phone number to this because now my phone number is not active if I want to transfer it to another company. They sent me a text saying " your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. Make a payment at publicmobil.ca/selfserve. If you have recently made a " (then it follows to a second text message) "manual payment, please ignore this message"

So what am I suppose to do? I did not cancelled my autopsy, and they didnt take it, and now I am stuck with no phone to use! Somebody HELP!!

28 REPLIES 28

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you use a credit card? PM doesn't accept other cards. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's also a kind of aggregate site.

Locking phones was more about being in a contract with a subsidized phone being paid for through the monthly bill over a couple years. (no free lunch)

As mentioned, Public Mobile doesn't sell phones. Ergo...no locking. It's pre-paid. You don't pay, you don't get service. No NEED to lock.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marie-Sue wrote:

Looks like it can be locked to PM .. Read this https://help.whistleout.ca/hc/en-ca/articles/115015424287-How-can-I-unlock-my-Public-Mobile-phone-

Nothing in there indicates that Public Mobile will lock an otherwise unlocked phone.  Public Mobile used to sell phones, and those were likely locked.  Hence my question about where you bought the phone from, which you still have not mentioned.

@Marie-Sue wrote:

I have had this pohone for two years. I signed up with public mobile a few months ago, my pohone was unlocked when I signed up with them. Now, it is locked. It says sim network unlock pin... Just signed up with a different company because I wouldn't get help from moderator (even if moderator was online posting 3 hours ago, and I wrote personal message 4 hours ago) just feeling ignored. I will go to crtc with this if need be, very unhappy right here right now. 

Who was your previous provider?  The current estimated response time for a moderator is 48-72 hours.  The mods aren't ignoring you they are seeking with the customers that contacted then before you did that is all. 

As for auto-pay from a bank account I haven't heard of that option unless you meant you set it up with Visa debit

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marie-Sue wrote:

Now, I just found out that public mobile has locked my phone to themselves.. And I decided to switch to a different company. So here, I would like to know what I need to do to unlock my pohone. Not happy at all right now .

I would think it's "locked" due to not being active. If you're trying to port over your number to another provider then the source has to be an active account. It's not locked per se...just not able to port.

Edit: You're making it a little difficult for us to try to help you. It may be that you'll end up having to talk to a mod but there's a lot of wisdom and experience on this forum.

What would be useful from you is a screenshot of your overview page AND your payment history page. Blank out personal information of course.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Marie-Sue pm does not lock phones .it does not even sell phones contact Telus or koodo. Or search eBay for an unlock code .Usually less than 5$ for Android phones.

Marie-Sue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marie-Sue, You did not mention WHERE you bought your phone from.  Just because it was working with PM, doesn't mean it will work with Rogers/Bell/etc.  Perhaps you bought your phone from Telus?  Koodo?  That would explain why it worked fine with PM. 

As for moderator response, they are currently running at 48-72 hours response time.

Marie-Sue

I have had this pohone for two years. I signed up with public mobile a few months ago, my pohone was unlocked when I signed up with them. Now, it is locked. It says sim network unlock pin... Just signed up with a different company because I wouldn't get help from moderator (even if moderator was online posting 3 hours ago, and I wrote personal message 4 hours ago) just feeling ignored. I will go to crtc with this if need be, very unhappy right here right now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marie-Sue, Public Mobile does not lock phones (to Public Mobile).  Where did you buy your phone from?

Marie-Sue

Now, I just found out that public mobile has locked my phone to themselves.. And I decided to switch to a different company. So here, I would like to know what I need to do to unlock my pohone. Not happy at all right now .

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Marie-Sue try deletiong your card and adding it again. Then making a manual payment.

The other day someone had a similar issue auto-pay set up but it did not go through. They deleted their card and added a new one and it worked. 

Recharge com is another excellent option as mentioned above.

@Marie-Sue One more thing to try - call 611 and see if you can make the necessary payment, that shold have happened automatically.

To cope while waiting, try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry to hear about your frustrations @Marie-Sue

Hopefully the Moderators can assist you through this unfortunate time.

I don't know if they will get back to you or will be able to solve your issue, but they do work on the weekends so there is a chance they could get arond to you.

Their Knowledge Base page says:

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 9 PM Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 7:30 PM Eastern time.

You can find more information here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chanah wrote:

@Marie-Sue wrote:

I shouldn't have to make a "manual payment" I dont have credit card to do so,and there is nowhere for PM vouchers to be bought up here in the Yukon .

If you need a voucher, go to www.recharge.com - it's in USD, but they sell real-time vouchers for PM, and they take paypal. Also, it might be better to dial 611 to do a payment like that, the web site can be persnickety.

I don't think it's in USD. It's a Dutch site but they give you your prices in your local currency.

🙂 persnickety's a good word.

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Marie-Sue wrote:

I shouldn't have to make a "manual payment" I dont have credit card to do so,and there is nowhere for PM vouchers to be bought up here in the Yukon .

If you need a voucher, go to www.recharge.com - it's in USD, but they sell real-time vouchers for PM, and they take paypal. Also, it might be better to dial 611 to do a payment like that, the web site can be persnickety.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marie-Sue wrote:

No you shouldn't have to but here we are.

You can go to recharge.com and buy vouchers online. They take Paypal which can be linked to a bank account. Then you get the voucher code in your email and use it to pay for your service.

If you can post a screenshot of your payment history we could see what has happened.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marie-Sue, sorry about that message about 'funtional'.  I posted that to the wrong thread.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marie-Sue wrote:

Wrong. My autopay has been through my bank account since day one, the only time I needed a credit card was when I bought my sim card. 

Check it out, autopay can be set with bank account. 

This is even more frustrating to be told at I dont know what is up with my payment method. 

@Marie-Sue, how long have you had your account with PM?  As far as I know there is currently no way to set up auto-pay from a bank account. 

I guess technically if you use a visa debit it is taking funds from your bank account.

EDIT: @Marie-Sue is this what you are using for payment?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marie-Sue wrote:

Wrong. My autopay has been through my bank account since day one, the only time I needed a credit card was when I bought my sim card. 

This is even more frustrating to be told at I dont know what is up with my payment method. 

@Marie-Sue, how long have you had your account with PM?  As far as I know there is currently no way to set up auto-pay from a bank account. 

Marie-Sue

My friend hone is not functional at all. I can't even call my voicemail, call anywhere,can't text, and can use data. I am not sure what functional means here then!!

Marie-Sue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marie-Sue

And also, this means that I have no phone for the whole weekend.  I am rather choked!

Marie-Sue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marie-Sue wrote:

I am pretty mad. I have autopsy set up, and public mobile gave me my $2.00 reward for having it set as such. There is funds in my bank account, but they didn't take the payment, and now, I have no phone, no text, and no data. I am rather pissed about this, and I dont even know how to fix this. I liked public mobile till now,now I am mad. Have no clue as how to fix this issue, and I fear that I will be loosing my phone number to this because now my phone number is not active if I want to transfer it to another company. They sent me a text saying " your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. Make a payment at publicmobil.ca/selfserve. If you have recently made a " (then it follows to a second text message) "manual payment, please ignore this message"

So what am I suppose to do? I did not cancelled my autopsy, and they didnt take it, and now I am stuck with no phone to use! Somebody HELP!!

So you use Visa Debit?

What does your Available Funds say?

I would suggest making a manual payment to cover your plan to renew the service. Then if that doesn't bring it back there's a couple more things to try. You can use your Visa Debit or a credit card or a voucher to manually pay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marie-Sue, A couple of things...  You mention that there are funds in your bank account, but Public Mobile does not do payment from bank account.  Only Credit cards.  I hope you meant to say that your credit card was still valid...  If the payment was not taken from your CC, then either there was a problem with your CC, or the PM system 'messed up'.  When you log into your self serve account, does it still show your CC on file?  Is there by any chance an account balance?

If everything in your account is normal, then you will need to contact the moderator team and ask them to look into your payment procesing issue.  In the meantime, you should be able to get your account working again by using a payment voucher.

BTW, your phone number is perfectly safe.  You would only lose the number after 90 days of your account being suspended.

If you need to contact the moderator team...

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Marie-Sue wrote:

Hi, Sorry you are having troubles. Do not worry about your number. Your account gets suspended when it does not receive payment but it takes 90 days without payment before the account is cancelled and you lose the number.

Need Help? Let's chat.