cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

why are calls being rejected? 

It must be a problem with the sim because it happens in whatever phone I put the sim into.

How can this be made to work again?

Paying for services I'm not getting...that includes important calls. I can call out but none can call in?!

22 REPLIES 22

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Yes I will get her to report back her results. And yes in fact none of my immediate family is on public mobile.

@darlicious- Let me know if she had the same result. You mean not everyone in your sphere is on Public? 🙂

Adding - I've finally heard from another tech. He test-called and got the same result. We'll see what comes of it with the new guy.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Lol.... Do you mean that when my mom gets up at 5:30 a.m. that's a little too early for you?

@darlicious- They can hide their number if they wish. It's just a test to see if it works. Thanks. Please don't have them call in their morning.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Okay this should be an interesting test. Eastlink has roaming agreements with Rogers, Bell, Telus, VideoTron and I would assume SaskTel but they did not specifically list them on their website. But they have their own network in the maritime provinces so the call will originate from their own network.

So if you get a call come through with a 902 area code you can say hi to my mom or my dad whomever is available to call you...lol!

@darlicious- I would say internal includes Bell because they "roam" with each other. Who is Eastlink affiliated with? Sure, you have my number. Thanks for asking beforehand. If you know people on other networks then please ask again.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

You say internal but you also cannot get incoming calling from bell customers either? That's why I was wondering if it was a shared network problem? Because you can get incoming calling from Rogers network. I can probably arrange a test call from EastLink?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious- I barely use the phone. I'm a low usage customer. I only really use the data out and about when no wifi. I do a very small amount of texting. Very few calls. When on wifi I try to remember to use voip. I don't know any timeframe as to when I noticed this problem to figure out any coincidental occurence. It was the spouse telling me they couldn't call me. I brushed it off as a one-off. Then they told me again, so I started to investigate. Still no resolution after all the testing and resetting.

But it's not the accounts. Both sims don't work in the device. Both sims work in another device. Another Public sim has the same result (yours 🙂 ). A Fido sim works fine. It's the network routing to the device when the call originates from inside. Even still, the phone sees the call, flips to UMTS, then no service, then back to normal. Why does the device work for Rogers etc but not the inside network? This is the problem that Telus seems unable to solve and I have been on ignore for weeks now.

I'll add a story of a Telus tech. I recently asked about the recent Amber alert BC had. I got it on the working phone with sound and it stayed on the screen. The problem phone did not. So I asked with high hopes that maybe it would trigger fixing this problem. The Telus tech said that the alerts use volte and that the phone is not registered on a whitelist for volte (Public of course) and that I wouldn't get them anyway. Um...no I said. I have received them before. So I went looking for my history upon which I remembered that I did a factory reset but I did find the recent alert. It just didn't tell me. But he was quite wrong to say it needs volte. It needs lte. Not also volte.

So to bring this back to the OP...I would be curious if they have the same problem by them doing similar testing from different providers.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

oh my gosh @trishe , have you been having this issue for 6 months?! And is it finally fixed?

Since others experience similar issues (@dust2dust for one), what did the CSA come back with as to any explanation?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@trishe 

Have you had a ticket open with the tech team for public mobile all this time? I am wondering if your plan is properly set up in your account. Whereas when pm sets up your account and plan it's like they tick certain boxes for your plan features which also include the technical side of setting up your account so that it both receives and sends calls and receives and sends texts and so on....

Another customer had an issue like yours except none of their features worked and finally they had a CSA get there outgoing calling working and then nothing else....

After a long discussion and then a discussion the customer had with Telus tech support and the notes on the account from the tech team finally a discussion with a CSA managed to pique to CSA's curiosity enough to go through all the notes on the account and figure out that they had to rebuild the features of the plan and account again. So they essentially had to add each feature of the account and the plan back onto the account one by one.

So it almost sounds like somewhere along the line somebody unchecked the box on your account to allow it to receive calls? If that makes sense to you? So perhaps you can explain this to a CSA who can explain that to the tech department to go through your account to make sure all the boxes are checked per se?

@dust2dust 

Same goes for you in a way and it's an oversimplified explanation but is it possible that they need to check a couple of boxes (like the old switchboard that needed to switch plugs to connect a call?) saying yes you can receive calls from telus customers yes you can receive calls from bell customers and their substituaries?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Did you notice this issue as soon as you reactivated after being suspended or a couple of days later? I'm just curious because you can receive calls from Rogers network providers and internet providers but not bell or telus providers. It seems odd that you can get incoming calling from Rogers customers who had the network fail on July 8th and I wonder if it's somehow related to that?

Well this sounds familiar. Can you identify whether it's all callers from all providers? Or some providers work? I have had a problem for a couple months now where callers from Telus, Koodo, Public AND Bell/Virgin can't call in. But Rogers/Fido and Shaw and Freedom and a voip app can call in fine.

@trishe wrote:

Thanks @darlicious.

The service works for everything except calls coming in.  No they do not go to voicemail.  Nor do they go to call forwarded number.  I can not even phone myself. Today I got another error message other than "call rejected" .  This has happened for quite some months. 

@trishe I was to ask you what kind of device you have (brand and model).  

But even is a device problem, sim problem or network problem, when calls cannot reach you, it should go to your voicemail.  And definitely forwarding should work

And does incoming comes come sometimes?  or NEVER?  did it work before?  did you try in different area?

Can you check one thing.  Login to My Account, check Profile page.  Is the phone number showing there is your own number you recognize?  I just worry you have changed your number by accident.

If that is the correct number, you really should open ticket with PM Support and ask them to further investigate

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

trishe

@Spudster 

I did try removing the sim and cleaning it.  Got help from tech guy in store. They no longer sell new sims in either store anymore,unfortunately.  I will have to contact customer service.  I had tried rebooting phones.  Thanks again

trishe

Thanks @darlicious.

The service works for everything except calls coming in.  No they do not go to voicemail.  Nor do they go to call forwarded number.  I can not even phone myself. Today I got another error message other than "call rejected" .  This has happened for quite some months. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

How long have you had the sim, could be a damaged sim, did you phone for a bumpy ride recently? I would try the suggestions posted and if nothing works you can reach out to a CSA but you may have to get a new sim and go into your account and click on change sim 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@trishe 

From the answer I posted for you in the other thread.....

@trishe 

Are the calls going to voicemail? It's sounds like a provisioning issue. There are some troubleshooting tips you can try....but your SIM card reprovisioned when you put it in another phone and then started having problems again so it could be degrading and on its way out. You would be best served to contact customer support so they can fully reprovision it on their end but it may continue to be defective. So you can ask about getting a credit for a replacement SIM card. If you want to be proactive you can order one from Canadian Cell Supplies for $2.99 so you have it on hand if the SIM card just stops working (unless it already has) then you will want to just pay full retail ($10) and submit your receipt.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@trishe  - good test that you tried the SIM into other phones. This does lend to the issue of likely being an account, SIM or network problem (but not a phone issue).

Try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings. This should be changed temporarily, as it can affect data service if you leave it on this setting. But, at least you can see if this helps for calls.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@trishe  I changed your message and erase the line through your lettering.😉 you probably click on that option by mistake.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@trishe 

Oh and the reason there was a line through your initial post is probably because you had 'strikethrough' on.

See the formatting options on the top of the post area.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@trishe

If you had calls working before, it could be a problem with the SIM card. You should contact the customer support agents for assistance.

Before you do that, however, try rebooting your device and resetting your network connections. It may also help to remove the SIM card, very gently clean the contacts on the SIM card, and then reinsert the SIM card.

There are 2 ways to reach them:

1. Create a support ticket by clicking  here , then type Support Ticket, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that more closely matches your requestThen click  Click here to submit a ticket , or,
  2. Send a private message to them by clicking here  

You’ll see their reply in your Community private mailbox in the envelope to the left of your avatar.

trishe

Why is there a line through the lettering of the post?

Need Help? Let's chat.