cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service stopped and now I can't register my new sim on PM network

Kilantro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined PM a while ago and for some reason a bunch of people couldn't contact me in anyway, if they tried to call me it went straight to my old voicemail. I figured the my number hadn't fully switch so I called and fully canceled service from my previous carrier. Also before I did all that some people, mostly people I gave my number after switching, could still contact me normally. Anyway, After fully cancelling my old provider my phone acts like I don't have a sim card or a mobile provider. I've tried every thing on PM's website short of calling a tech rep. Even swapped the sim for another PM one.

7 REPLIES 7

Sounds like quite the mess. You need your account back and you need to remove it from the blacklist. I'm not sure how long that takes to remove. Good luck.

When that's all sorted out then you'll need to put the old sim back in a phone and re-trigger the port and then confirm the text.

@Kilantro wrote:

I just found out my dad called my previous provider and told them it was lost so they would stop charging us for it. And I confirmed that the imei is blacklisted. This still doesn't give an answer for the earlier solutions but hopefully my previous provider will whitelist it.

@Kilantro   Yes, if you asked your old provider to help to blacklist the phone, you need to call them back to ask them to pull it off the blacklist

You can confirm if the IMEI is still on the blacklist here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

(even your old provider said they remove it from the blacklist, it could be 24 hours to 5 days before the phone will be able to access on another provider)

@Kilantro wrote:

it was just over a month ago

@Kilantro   it has been a month, sound like your porting request was not completed and PM should have randomly assigned you a phone number.  Please make a call and confirm the phone number PM assigned you

Again, there is a slight chance you can call your provider back and reactivate the account for briefly.  Once the account is reactivated, you can then login to My Account and  request change number to re-request porting. 

This time, you need to aware that after you requested porting, you will receive a text from your old provider asking you to approve the request (So, you need your old  provider sim card in a phone to receive the text).  You need to reply YES for the porring to complete.  Once complted, your acocunt on the old provider will be cloosed as part of the porting process

Kilantro

I just found out my dad called my previous provider and told them it was lost so they would stop charging us for it. And I confirmed that the imei is blacklisted. This still doesn't give an answer for the earlier solutions but hopefully my previous provider will whitelist it.

Kilantro

it was just over a month ago

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kilantro  

First, if you are porting in your number from another provider, your old provider service MUST BE ACTIVE.  You do not need and should not call and cancel the account.  Once porting is completed the account on the old carrier will be closed

When did you close your account with your old provider?  If it was not too long ago, there, is a chance you can call them back and reactivate the account so you can request port in your number to PM.

For your PM service, can  you make outgoing calls now? Does data work?

If you login to My Account using Incognito mode, do you see your PM account showing Active? Give us the details and we can try to help 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How long is a "while ago"? If less than a month then it would seem the porting was not properly completed. Canceling the other service is now a more serious problem. I would go back to them to see if you can re-start up the account and then re-do the porting to here.

Need Help? Let's chat.