cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service is not working

Kevin9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new pubilic card, created a new number that has been activated, and the package-cost has been deducted, but when I inserted the new SIM card into my iPhone, it always showed no service. After waiting all night, there was no service. Calling this new number with another number can get through, but my new card has no response or prompts. I have tried shutting down and restarting the phone, including reinserting the SIM card, but this problem has never been resolved, which annoys me because I am anxious to use it!

16 REPLIES 16

zen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Kevin9  Welcome to the nightmare.

The service here is terrible and unprofessional, lets keep waiting to hear from someone for 2 days.

Good Luck! 

dona2485

ASKING FOR HELP THIS MONTH

dona2485

I TOP UP MY SERVICE THIS MORNING 

@Kevin9 wrote:

Thank you-everyone provided the method, but I regret that my problem has not been solved. This may be a SIM card problem. So I decided to buy a SIM card to solve this problem. Then I want to ask a question, because the SIM card that I cannot use has already deducted the cost of my package, can it be transferred to the SIM card I purchased again? How to do it?

@Kevin9 DO NOT ACTIVATE IT lol. Go into your self serve and select change sim card as shown below. Maybe message mods after asking for a credit for the cost of the new sim you had to buy.

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 4.13.16 PM.png

Kevin9

Thank you-everyone provided the method, but I regret that my problem has not been solved. This may be a SIM card problem. So I decided to buy a SIM card to solve this problem. Then I want to ask a question, because the SIM card that I cannot use has already deducted the cost of my package, can it be transferred to the SIM card I purchased again? How to do it?

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kevin9 :Can you follow up on this thread you created? Did you contact the moderators? Did you try to login to self serve to see what it says there? Was your problem finally solved?

When your problem is finally solved, you should follow up with this thread you created to let everyone know this thread is solved by clicking on the accepted solution button above one of the above replies posted here, doing so will mark this thread you created as solved for everyone here to see.

Check this, @Kevin9 .   You really should ensure the SIM card matches one registered on self-serve account.

In your self service account, choose Change Sim Card.

Ensure the last 4 digits on the self-serve SIM number match your SIM card to ensure you have not been sim jacked. 

If they do not match, while still on the self-serve account, put your phone in lost/stolen mode and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials.

From, there, contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator through the following link  here

@Kevin9 wrote:

@will13am  Yes, the new account is shown as an active account, and I tried to insert a new SIM card on other iPhones, but it also showed no service. But my friend’s public card was inserted into my iPhone and it was quickly read.

@Kevin9 Certainly sounds like a sim/account issue. Contact a moderator for help.

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve. Follow prompts.

@Kevin9 

If your friend's Publicmobile sim is working on your phone i suggest you contact moderators

Send private message to Moderator_Team

@Kevin9 

Is.your friend also using Public Mobile?  iPhone devices often meed to check with the Apple servers after inserting a different carrier's SIM card.

Kevin9

@will13am  Yes, the new account is shown as an active account, and I tried to insert a new SIM card on other iPhones, but it also showed no service. But my friend’s public card was inserted into my iPhone and it was quickly read.

@Kevin9 

When calling your number, you said that the call goes.through. Is the Public Mobile.account.that you get sent to?  Try hooking up a USB cable to your phone and.computer and launching iTunes to force Apple's device activation procedues.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you try different phone?

Can you reset/refresh network

I think you may have to connect it to your pc

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Kevin9 wrote:

I bought a new pubilic card, created a new number that has been activated, and the package-cost has been deducted, but when I inserted the new SIM card into my iPhone, it always showed no service. After waiting all night, there was no service. Calling this new number with another number can get through, but my new card has no response or prompts. I have tried shutting down and restarting the phone, including reinserting the SIM card, but this problem has never been resolved, which annoys me because I am anxious to use it!

@Kevin9 What do you mean "calling this new number with another number can get through"? Does it go to voicemail? When you go into your self serve account, it shows as "active"? How old is your phone? Any chance it is locked to your last provider? Does the sim work in another phone?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kevin9 , does the new account show as active?  Are you able to try the SIM card in another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.