cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service in US after add on

Devsan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

24 hrs ago I added unlimited text, call and 250mb of data to my plan. However still all text sent to a US number does not get delivered. My phone is showing T-Mobile and I did reboot my phone

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Devsan wrote:

Had to turn on SMS on my iPhone.

Gosh, I would not have realized what to do,

many thanks everyone for their input and guidance. Much appreciated.

Back in Canada, I was receiving text messages I'm guessing even when my SMS was off? Getting too techy for me!🤔

That's the precious little Apple world wanting to keep you all to themselves. iMessage is really more of the old style instant messaging. Only it's only between iPhones. It works on wifi and cell data.

Devsan

Had to turn on SMS on my iPhone.

Gosh, I would not have realized what to do,

many thanks everyone for their input and guidance. Much appreciated.

Back in Canada, I was receiving text messages I'm guessing even when my SMS was off? Getting too techy for me!🤔

@Devsan wrote:

Aha...did not realize I had to manually enable data roaming. So let me try that and hopefully it works.

How do I manually set carrier to AT&T?

@Devsan  Roaming only applies to data but if you are using an iPhone and iMessage it could allow the texts to go out and resolve your problem if iMessage requires data.

@Devsan try enabling roaming,  restarting and  texting with t mobile first. 

If that doesn't work  Android phone - settings - network & internet - mobile network-at&t. Restart again.

@Devsan wrote:

Aha...did not realize I had to manually enable data roaming. So let me try that and hopefully it works.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Devsan wrote:

24 hrs ago I added unlimited text, call and 250mb of data to my plan. However still all text sent to a US number does not get delivered. My phone is showing T-Mobile and I did reboot my phone

@Devsan Can you make calls? Does data work? If yes, then it's not an add-on issue. What type of a phone are you using. If Android force close the messaging app and restart your phone. If you have an iPhone make sure SMS is turned on or disable iMesssge.

Devsan

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Devsan wrote:

@Devsan If nothing helped, you can send a message direct message to moderators so they could investigate your case and resolve it by, for instance, restarting your acount on their system: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Devsan wrote:

Just one number?

What is the area code and prefix you're trying to text? (don't post the 4 digits)

@Devsan , Is roaming enabled and did you manually select at&t as @Jb456 suggested? 

@gblackma wrote:

@Devsan are you in Canada or the US? Thanks.

@Devsan wrote:

Uhm..... I think the answer to that question is probably in the title of the thread.....

Devsan

Yes

Devsan

In US

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Devsan wrote:

@Devsan Does your account show that you have these addons?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Devsan are you in Canada or the US? Thanks.

@Devsan wrote:

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Try manually changing network to Att

Need Help? Let's chat.