cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Dropped & Rebate Promise Unfulfilled

neilhirsch2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent

My service completely cut out today, even though I paid my bill days ago. Can someone please contact me directly through a private message so that we can sort this out?!

I also only signed up with public mobile because there was a special deal, but if I signed up in store I would get a $20 rebate on my account, which never materialized. I expect to be compensated for this. I was also locked out of my account since the beginning of  my service, tried resetting my password countless times after the registration filled without ever receiving the password reset email before the link had expired (which means hours later), and eventually had to create a second account in order to just be able to post here and or contact a moderator. 

10 REPLIES 10

Please understand that the support response is based on first in first out format.  Sending multiple messages, including bashing the company and the employees isn’t going to help your case.

All support is online, and unfortunately there seems to be a larger than normal level of support requests at this time.

The moderators will respond to you.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@neilhirsch2 unless you had your plan from sometime in 2015, you would not have access to phone-based support via *611 anyway, so that's a bit of a non-issue.

As for breach of contract, you should review the terms of service (which are also linked at the bottom of every page).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

neilhirsch2

@CS_Agent

STILL no reply?

This is breach of contract. 

I cannot call 611 because I have no service.  

This is disgraceful. 

neilhirsch2

@CS_Agent

STILL no reply?

This is breach of contract. 

I cannot call 611 because I have no service.  

This is is disgraceful. 

neilhirsch2

Also, in case anyone thought this case was taking place somewhere remote where service should be expected to be spotty, I'm in Toronto. 

neilhirsch2

@CS_Agent

despite sending this post as a message to the moderators directly by private message, I am still without service of any kind and have not had anything helpful offered by the moderator team, and my requests for a refund (of money promised by rebate upon registration) or for my service (if it remains unconnected) continue I be ignored. 

This is ridiculous, unimpressive, and shameful. 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Depending on where you are, service dropping (either brief or long-lasting) is sadly common and has nothing to do with the bill payments. Today I lost signal for several hours (at least a 6ish hour period, not sure when it started as it was off when I woke up, was off all morning until mid-afternoon) other than intermittent connections that lasted minutes at a time. It's actually off again right now and has been for a while (at least 30+ minutes). Sadly I was told that is normal and nothing that can be done about it outside of buying a signal booster due to living in the only large city in Northwestern Ontario and it being Rogers/TBayTel country. My service is often unavailable even though the map shows two towers that are not that terribly far from where I live. I've tried five different phones now all with similar results. My SIM has been inserted and ejected so many times it looks years old instead of a couple of months. Support was going to call me back but when they did my service was out so I only got a notice of the missed call. They never attempted to call me back again after that. If I was paying the same for PM as I would be if I was on Rogers/TBayTel I would be upset and switch, but since I am paying about half the amount and have service at least half the time I need it, I'm fine with it. It would be lovely if they could do something to help those of us in Thunder Bay as it is a bit of a gap in their otherwise pretty good nationwide network, but I really can't complain. As an added bonus Bell has the only tower in one of the places I have to visit periodically for work, so I am pretty much the only one from here that has service there. That's a bit of silver lining right there!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  The password reset function on self service account has not been working for a while.  Usually any credit comes within 72 hours.  If more than 72 hours, you may need to contact moderator.  With technical issues with service being cut off, you will also need to contact moderators.  The moderators will eventually response to this thread.  However, if you want faster service, directly PM a moderator would be a better option.  However, even with that, do not be surprised with a few hours delay in responding.  On Sundays, they stop working at 7:30 PM EST. 

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

auperka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You need to adress this to the Moderator_Team

@neilhirsch2 wrote:

@CS_Agent

My service completely cut out today, even though I paid my bill days ago. Can someone please contact me directly through a private message so that we can sort this out?!

I also only signed up with public mobile because there was a special deal, but if I signed up in store I would get a $20 rebate on my account, which never materialized. I expect to be compensated for this. I was also locked out of my account since the beginning of  my service, tried resetting my password countless times after the registration filled without ever receiving the password reset email before the link had expired (which means hours later), and eventually had to create a second account in order to just be able to post here and or contact a moderator. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...you've done everything right except the next step of actually private messaging the moderators. As you've discovered, the password reset doesn't work.

To do so, send a private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN. Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or in addition to those also: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.

Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET).

Need Help? Let's chat.