cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send/receive text but no phone calls

Munnfromnewbrun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey just got to Labrador, I’m able to send and receive text messages however I’m not able to make or receive any phone calls. Phone worked fine till I got to Labrador, put my sim in another phone, still doesn’t work. 

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Munnfromnewbrun 

You can call your voicemail using your voip app by calling your phone number. Once it connects press "*" and enter your voicemail pin #. You can check your voicemail and/or change your greeting and leave your voip phone # if you need callers to connect with you while in Labrador.

@Munnfromnewbrun wrote:

Thanks so much, yes as soon as I changed to 3g I lost all bars and coverage, switched back to LTE and I’m back to full bars, text works but voice still doesn’t. 

@Munnfromnewbrun   yes, that confirmed that there is no 3G network there

With Telus and Bell, they can use VoLTE for voice and that is not an issue

With PM that have voice on 3G network only, there is nothing much you can do

Please use the VoIP workaround while you are there.  Again, you will have data and text without problem as both of those can use the LTE network, just not the voice.

Munnfromnewbrun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much, yes as soon as I changed to 3g I lost all bars and coverage, switched back to LTE and I’m back to full bars, text works but voice still doesn’t. 

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Coverage does not look good in NL with either Bell or Telus. @softech's suggestion may be your best bet.

https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/network/coverage-map 

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Our_network_coverage 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Munnfromnewbrun  sound like it is a problem with 3G network there.  PM needs to have 3G for voice calls

You can try to confirm  that by changing your preferred network to 3G Only.  I would expect after you change to 3G only, you would not be connecting to PM network at all   (After you confirm that, remember to change it back to Automatic or 4G/3G/2G) 

As a world around, you can download a VoIP app like TextNow or Fongo and try to make phone calls and receive calls on the app when you have Wifi or Mobile Data

Need Help? Let's chat.