cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scams in Private Messages?

Callan89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I've been receiving PMs about signing up to win new IPhones and I'm not sure why? The links in the body of the messages seem super sketchy and I never click on them. Also, is there a way to block other users from messaging you here? 

Thank you in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Callan89 

Report as spam and delete. That's about all you can do.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Callan89 

Sounds like a spam because the first Points Contest for the iPhone 13 has expired awhile back. You can click on the gear icon on the pm and report as inappropriate so a CS_Agent will take care of the Community member.

Contest will be announced on the PM Anouncement section on the 3 horizon line on the top left.

@Callan89 wrote:

Hello, 

I've been receiving PMs about signing up to win new IPhones and I'm not sure why? The links in the body of the messages seem super sketchy and I never click on them. Also, is there a way to block other users from messaging you here? 

Open the message but not the links in it. On the top right of the message is a gear icon. Choose the ignore user option. That member will no longer be able to send you private messages.  Otherwise, please ignore such obvious spam messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.