cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 Bricked... Kind of.

Barryere
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

First and foremost, before I post... I'm not sure if this kind of post is even allowed on this website, so if it isn't just delete it...

(Posted on XDA first; as no one on or at XDA has responded I'm branching out)

Hi,

A few days back I bought an S7 and put a custom rom on it (Havoc-OS) however I wanted to put the stock firmware back on the phone so that I could resell it.

And the problems begin. Odin (3.10.6, 3.10.7, 3.13.1 are the versions I've tried) will not work, the phone either does nothing, Odin stays put at certain stages like "NAND Write" or "SetupConnection", and this morning I made a bit more progress as I've managed to get the phone to TRY to flash but the AP fails, so I've tried flashing the BL and CP, CSC all individually. Right now the phone is stuck on a screen saying...

"An error has occurred while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software."

The problem in doing that is that the software won't work without a recovery code that I do not have.

The only thing I can think of is to try and put TWRP back on the phone and keep using Havoc-OS since Samsung has apparently made it infuriatingly hard (to me) to put their own software back on their phone.

I also have a Galaxy Note 3 and have had very few issues with it... Odin works fine with it, the only quirks with the phone really are with any custom roms I use on it and not the phone itself.

4 REPLIES 4

Barryere

I fixed it. Well, the files I downloaded fixed it to be more precise.

The first set of files I used were downloaded from updato and they evidently did not work, they caused nothing but anguish... I downloaded a different set of files from sammobile and they did work. Hoo-rah for Samsung Smiley Frustrated

Barryere

I figured, I'm currently in the process of downloading the stock firmware directly from Samsung.

Before that I tried an unofficial website.

I find having to register to any given website just to participate (download files, make comments, etc) very annoying.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Barryere wrote:

First and foremost, before I post... I'm not sure if this kind of post is even allowed on this website, so if it isn't just delete it...

(Posted on XDA first; as no one on or at XDA has responded I'm branching out)

Hi,

A few days back I bought an S7 and put a custom rom on it (Havoc-OS) however I wanted to put the stock firmware back on the phone so that I could resell it.

And the problems begin. Odin (3.10.6, 3.10.7, 3.13.1 are the versions I've tried) will not work, the phone either does nothing, Odin stays put at certain stages like "NAND Write" or "SetupConnection", and this morning I made a bit more progress as I've managed to get the phone to TRY to flash but the AP fails, so I've tried flashing the BL and CP, CSC all individually. Right now the phone is stuck on a screen saying...

"An error has occurred while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software."

The problem in doing that is that the software won't work without a recovery code that I do not have.

The only thing I can think of is to try and put TWRP back on the phone and keep using Havoc-OS since Samsung has apparently made it infuriatingly hard (to me) to put their own software back on their phone.

I also have a Galaxy Note 3 and have had very few issues with it... Odin works fine with it, the only quirks with the phone really are with any custom roms I use on it and not the phone itself.

At the end of the day, I think this forum is mostly for Public Mobile issues. 

That being said, maybe someone in the group may know about custom ROMs, etc...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Barryere , using custom roms is not a hot topic in this forum.  You are not going to find much in the way of participation in this type of topic.  I am into custom roms but not Samsung devices.  My tool kit is ADB.  

Need Help? Let's chat.