cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad to say goodbye to Public Mobile. Question about cancelling

Cosmos411
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunately I had to move my number to another carrier.  Prior to May everything was excellent, but then something changed and PM's limitation to 3G only voice left me with one frequency at home and it only worked if I stood in one spot of the house. Now that my number has been ported to the new carrier do I have to do anything to cancel my PM account or is it done automatically?  I tried logging into PM but it no longer works which makes me think I'm already cancelled, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks for a great couple years PM.

15 REPLIES 15

@pmphone_2   it could be Bell or not Telus, depends on your location  🙂

Also, with Tier 1 or Teir 2 providers, they have VoLTE, so they really don't need 3G at all

But , it could be just a local network issue and they are fixing it.

I suggest you don't give up yet, open ticket with PM Support, give them the location and have them to confirm:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

pmphone_2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having to do the same thing.  Telus seem to have shut down the 3G on the tower near my house.  When I switch my phone to 3g only (iphone 8 ) I completely lose service - this happened in the last 2 months, used to work in the past.  How does Public Mobile get away with selling "phone service" when 3G is getting shutdown on towers and they have not flipped the switch to offer volte.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to see you go. 

@darlicious 

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

LMK if you find something you're happy with. Of course private message sometimes works best 😁

messenabout

That will have me giggling for a while!

messenabout

Quick reply and not specifically to what you're talking about but I've noticed a huge change in public mobile I've thought for about 6 months and that seems like May to me 🫤 but in other ways not just what you're talking about.

Cosmos411

I was hanging on with hopes it was going to happen.  When/if it does I'll have to reconsider moving back.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

VoLTE cannot come soon enough

Cosmos411

Balls!  I should have tried the tinfoil hat before leaving.  That just may have helped bring in a few more signals!  🙂

Metal1967

@Cosmos411  Standing in one spot would be just as bad as having to wear a tinfoil hat..😂.. hope your new service works better.

Cosmos411

Thanks @Outdoorsman.  It sucks to leave. I really like this community.  I tried everything to stay, but having to stand in one spot for calls to work just wasn't functional.  When I checked the frequencies in my area I found out that it was down to one signal so I knew I had to leave.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Cosmos411 hi if you ported your number to another provider your account is automaticaly closed good luck with your new provider 

Cosmos411

Thanks for the very quick answer @Metal1967 .  I can't log into my account anymore to remove auto-pay. Even when I try to reset the password by giving my email address nothing happens.  I can't use the phone number because it's no longer in the system.  I'll keep my eyes open for any accidental charges.  

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If number is ported already your account should be closed

Metal1967

@Cosmos411  Account will be closed.. did you remove autopay?.. keep an eye on next  former renewal time incase a payment slips in by chance 

Need Help? Let's chat.