cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOS signal in my phone from koodo porting to PM

Majanette
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my old koodo sim to PM 4 days ago but my signal says SOS. Cannot call or receive message. Tried to transfer it to another phone but still the same. Please help.

7 REPLIES 7

And here it is again,  @Majanette 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, use the ticketing system for a faster response time.

Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request)

Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts.

@Majanette wrote:

Yes. My koodo sim is still working. I can still receive text and call there but my PM sim in the other phone has no service at all.

Believe it or not, the way that number porting has failed is actually a good thing in this scenario.  If porting compelted, your number would have been sent to the non-functional Public Mobile service.  Before anyone suggest it, do NOT call the Telus porting team for this type of issue. They cannot help you and having them compele the nubmer port would actually be harmful becuase you will lose all access to your phone number (at least temporarily). 

You'll need to follow the insructions provided earlier to open a ticket using the chatbot.  The customer support agent will first need to get your Public Mobile service working. Only after the Public Mobile service is working should you ask the customer support agent for help with the number porting.

Majanette

Yes. My koodo sim is still working. I can still receive text and call there but my PM sim in the other phone has no service at all.

Majanette

Have not receive a confirmation to port. Just receive a text that the registration is successful.

@Handy1 wrote:

@Majanette @did your reply yes to confirmation text ?

I'm sure that you're aware that whether or not Majanette replied to the authorization text from Kooodo would have no effect on the customer having no signal/no service at all.  It does bring into question though if the Koodo service is still working.  @Majanette , if your Koodo service is still working, your calls and messages will continue to go there until you can get this sorted out.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Majanette @did your reply yes to confirmation text ?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Majanette 

I presume you obtained a Public Mobile SIM card and went through the complete activation process.

Were you with Koodo post paid or Koodo prepaid?

If postpaid, did you reply "yes" to the port authorization text? If prepaid, you need the help of customer support to transfer the number.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.