cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS validation codes IPhone

SKivell92
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there 

I just joined public mobile and trying to activate your Uber account but I can’t receive SMS validation codes. 

Not sure what to do, I use Uber for work but now I can’t sign on to my account as I need to validation code. Has anyone had this issue on a iPhone or know how to active it so I can start working again. 

thanks for all the help

15 REPLIES 15

@Zigakly wrote:

I've been having the same problem, area code 343 doesn't take short code SMS yet. The original area code for my area is 613, and I was able to get a 613 number by choosing a location that is within the 613 code but not the 343 area, in this case Perth Ontario worked.

I wouldn't really say that area code 343 doesn't accept short code messages, but rather that the company that you are dealing with hasn't updated their databases. If it's a case of the company simply not accepting the phone number, that wouldn't be a Public Mobile issue, but rather one with the business that you are dealing with.

Zigakly

I've been having the same problem, area code 343 doesn't take short code SMS yet. The original area code for my area is 613, and I was able to get a 613 number by choosing a location that is within the 613 code but not the 343 area, in this case Perth Ontario worked.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@SKivell92 try resetting your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

try seeing if there are any options to filter spam messages in your messaging app and disable it

SKivell92

Unfortunately not, it ask me just for the code it sends via SMS. Doesn’t give me another option. 

@SKivell92 Is there a second option for 2 step verification with UBER? Personally im not a huge fan of sms verification because of the scam pitfalls if someone sim jacks your phone.

SKivell92

I’ve sent a message and they haven’t responded yet but I saw some people posted before the same issue and no solution was posted. 

@SKivell92 my wife has the same phone and has no issues with receiving sms verification. Is there a way to contact iner and ask them if the issue is on their end. Might be a complete coincidence. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@SKivell92 make sure your phone settings have not changed. I have heard of this happening with a couple new area codes but it may be some thing wrong with your account. 

Contact the moderators and see if they can help you out: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

SKivell92

iPhone XR is my phone currently

@SKivell92 whats the make and model of your phone?

SKivell92

I’ve had this number for over 12 years.

@SKivell92 you can contact customer support here to try and resolve the issue

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

SKivell92

My area code is 647, I’m from Hamilton area

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@SKivell92 What is your area code? 672? The reason may be in that. If so, have to change the number to the one with the old area code like 236 or 778.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@SKivell92 this issue happens with newer area codes.

Need Help? Let's chat.