cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS: sender phone number shown as international

Monitulip
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Started using Public Mobile yesterday and I seem to receive SMS from family and friends in the same country with their country code.

WhenI try to reply, they cannot see my message, and the only solution at this point is to start a new thread from my side without a country code. Since the app recognizes the numbers as different, I've been having to switch between receiving thread and sending thread, which is very inconvenient.

My country setting on my phone is already set to Canada, so I don't know how to fix this.

Could somebody help me?

6 REPLIES 6

Monitulip

Thanks to you all for your suggestions! It seems that the phone device has some strange form of lock that makes location change impossible. I was able to download a different Messaging app, however, which helped solve my issue.

@Monitulip wrote:

Thanks for your response. 

I'm in Canada and texting people in Canada. I use a regular number without +1. But when I receive texts from people, their numbers are shown with +1.

@Monitulip 

Looks more like a Messaging app issue.  Not a PM service problem.  As mentioned earlier, if android phone, you might want to try a different messaging app.  

Monitulip

Thanks for your response. 

I'm in Canada and texting people in Canada. I use a regular number without +1. But when I receive texts from people, their numbers are shown with +1.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Monitulip 

More details would be helpful. 

Looks like you are texting an international number and receiving texts back in another thread. 

Doesn't look like a PM issue, but a set up issue with your messaging app.  Which model phone are you using?  Maybe try to clear cache in your messaging app.  Or try a different messaging app if possible. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Monitulip 

PM service only works in Canada and USA (with Roaming) so I don’t know what county you are referring to.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @Monitulip   I am confused

are you sending text to outside of Canada?  If so, you should set your friend phone number as 011 (country code) or just + (country code)

or  let me know which country and I will try to help

Need Help? Let's chat.