cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIm not active

apnavideo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am agent and I have made account for the customer but customer said sim is not active

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@apnavideo

Better late then never I suppose.....but for your own future reference when you activate a customer and their payment card is charged but the sim card has no services test the sim card in another phone to confirm it's a SIM card issue and not a device issue. Once you determine the problem lies with the SIM card contact customer support. If it is too late in the day for you to do this on behalf of the customer explain to.....or help the customer create a community account so they can contact customer support to have their SIM card properly provisioned to their account.

They can contact customer support via Simple--Simon the Chabot normally accessed by clicking on the chat bubble (that has disappeared?!!) at the bottom right corner of your screen and typing in "SIM card did not provision correctly upon activation" and "human" and following the prompts to submit your ticket. Verification would have to be via their community account.

My preference is via private message using the same issue as above in the subject line and leaving a detailed message. Tell the customer to log into their community account in the morning and keep an eye on the envelope icon next to their avatar at the top right corner of their screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour of opening business hours at 6am eastern.

Good on you to create a community account and seek help on behalf of your customer when you are unable to access the retailer help line. That shows initiative and a genuine concern for your client....hallmarks of great customer service. Too often customers come here frustrated after an incomplete activation having been abandoned once the activation commission is "earned". Bravo to you for putting your client's needs first and feel free to come to the community anytime to learn more about pm and how to troubleshoot many of the common glitches that can occur with public mobile. We are always happy to help!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account in your private messages only include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@apnavideo   

SIM is not activate, sound like it is a provisioning issue.   If you are an agent, you have a number to contact PM Support directly to help to confirm if SIM was provisioned properly

@apnavideo wrote:

I am agent and I have made account for the customer but customer said sim is not active

Do you have access to a retail support channel?  Otherwise, it's the customer who is going to need to ask for help. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@apnavideo 

Has their credit card been charged. If yes, sim should be good to go. Did they put their sim in and reboot? Is their phone unlocked? Can they try sim in another unlocked phone? What is the message?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Did you port a number over or is it a brand new number? If you did port the number over did you follow all the steps and keep the old sim in the phone to get the porting text. Is the account showing active in self serve?

Would need some more info to accurately resolve it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.