cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM is Invalid? We were using it, forgot to register email, trying now and SIM card isn’t accepted

Madilyn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We got this phone number and SIM card back in November so six months ago. It’s for my 10-year-old Daughter. At some point in the last few months it stopped working and because we didn’t register an email therefore I bank account I suppose… My ex partner dealt with it not me but now it’s on my shoulders. Either way now it is no longer in service and I need to re-register it. When I go to do so online it asked for the Sim card when I enter the Sim cards number it says invalid. So I don’t exactly know what I’m supposed to do next… Does anyone have a suggestion

4 REPLIES 4

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If that is the case and you need a new sim, I would recommend Canadian Cell Supplies. You can get it for much cheaper and if you have it shipped you will receive it much faster as well.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Madilyn, it sounds like the account went unpaid for over 90 days.  That means the account has been closed and the phone number released.  You will need to purchase a new SIM and setup a whole new account again.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Madilyn   The service only stop working lately?  If it has not be paying for over 90 days, the account could have been closed permanently and you would have lost your number.  

Open a ticket with PM Support to have them confirm the account status first.  Message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Madilyn , if the account has not been kept active for more than 90 days it would have deactivated.  So you are going to need to get a new SIM card and start from scratch and activate a new account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.