cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card sales limited

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey guys, I buy quite a few SIM cards for my friends/ customers because I live in a remote area without any stores selling the SIM cards in my province. As of lately it seems all the online sellers are no longer carrying them and all the prices are gone up to $10.00 (most places had deals for $5 ones. and now public themselves are limiting buying 2 per customer per order. Anyone know what's going on here? I even bought a bunch on eBay today only to have every one from 6 different sellers all cancel my orders without reason. Someone must know what's up, should I be getting worried about Public Mobile going under or something?

25 REPLIES 25

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman 

I understand your frustration and I believe this is an accessibility issue and should be the basis of a complaint to the CRTC as Labrador along with PEI, the Yukon, Iqualit and the Northwest Territories have absolutely no physical access to pm SIM cards. Fort McMurray is the most northerly access to purchase a SIM card in person.

See my comments here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Your-Public-Mobile-experience-just-got-...

Interested in making a complaint? Private message me.

@Timer 

Well, you  need to know instead of your continuous half answers, half false facts. 

Either be accurate or consider if your response is beneficial to all before you post. 

Thanks. 

@LurganIeUk 

the OP need to make big order not playing with eBay site, ,, i'm not seller and not buyer from them if i need i go to store or amazon faster shipping wihtin 1 day.

maybe you are seller on eBay,,, and given free SIM but your condition have to used your refer-a-friend code.. i don't know and it's not my business..and i don't need to know.

@softech wrote:

@LurganIeUk actually,  PM shows the Amazon link on its website (Chexk buy Sim card page), that's why I was puzzle why it was a link with no stock

Thanks....yes I know....I just went a step further. 

@Timer wrote:

@Mountainmaxman 

because at eBay not have SIM card to make order they just put it a refer-a-friend code,

and that web eBay it's not allowed to selle or post just a code for free they do $0.99 but it's not real SIM card just for code.

Once again......get your facts straight!!! Some on both eBay and Craigslist give a free SIM card as well as long as the buyer uses their referral code. And to the buyer they are $20 or more ahead!! You are just randomly making irrational and incorrect comments!!!

@LurganIeUk actually,  PM shows the Amazon link on its website (Chexk buy Sim card page), that's why I was puzzle why it was a link with no stock

@Timer wrote:

yeah your right PM change the price but before 2 days ago was for 2 SIM for $10 plus tax.

maybe last night was a update.

@LurganIeUk 

at amazon Currently unavailable. Public Mobile SIM Card Amazon.ca

i think PM remove from all website and store to sell SIM just by Telus and Koodo sell SIM card.

Give me a break!!! Stores are not close to all and who is going to pay $20 or gas or transit fare and take a chance that when you get to a Telus store or Koodo store that they have any of the rep is incompetent and does not supply??? There needs to be an online option that is faster.....let's face it...no SIM card.....there will be a slow down on growth. 

And that link says.......unavailable. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 5.29.25 PM.png

No problem @LurganIeUk ,

@softech wrote:

Great find @LurganIeUk .  I was using the "official" Amazon link provided by PM  website but that one is out of stock , can you share your link??

Sorry no...that is a PM issue that their link does not work. if you notice the link and what I found are both SOLD BY Public Mobile. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

It is unfortunate sims are a bit harder to come by @Mountainmaxman . Hopefully, the eBay, Amazon sellers will have some for you soon, if none are available right now. Or, Public Mobile will have another sale soon.

I liked it when Canadian Cell Supplies did those 1.99 sims way back when; ah, the good 'ole days.

@Timer wrote:

@Mountainmaxman 

not buy it from ebay,

What makes you and aficionado on eBay purchases?

Have you ever used eBay?

Have you ever had an issue with and eBay purchase?

If yes, was it resolved to your satisfactory including a full refund?

Have you ever been a seller on eBay?

Do you know it is hard to stay or have a good rating as a seller on eBay if you screw customers around?

Do you know that there are many (customer) scammers out there on eBay? Trying to get stuff free by threatening the seller? 

And ask your self why did 6 eBay sellers cancel out on Mountainmaxman ?

if you want online you can do each order 2 SIM card.

or Find TELUS Stores Near you  or  Koodo Stores  to buy it in person.

Great find @LurganIeUk .  I was using the "official" Amazon link provided by PM  website but that one is out of stock , can you share your link??

yeah your right PM change the price but before 2 days ago was for 2 SIM for $10 plus tax.

maybe last night was a update.

@LurganIeUk 

at amazon Currently unavailable. Public Mobile SIM Card Amazon.ca

i think PM remove from all website and store to sell SIM just by Telus and Koodo sell SIM card.

@Timer wrote:

@Mountainmaxman 

sorry i don't get it what is wrong if you make online for separate each order for 2 SIM card.

buy one and other one free to save money.

and if you buy it from amazon it's not save any money.

@Timer 

Let's get your facts straight!! Perhaps you should do some homework vs being mis leading. 

PM online is $10 each and sometimes go for $5. 

Amazon online is $7.99 each and is SOLD BY PUBLIC MOBILE.  So there IS a savings!!! And faster delivery!!!

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 5.12.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-22 at 5.13.47 PM.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mountainmaxman   It is unfortunate has taken away all the retails help, activation and selling of sim cards

The only way you can get sim card now is to either order online from PM website (could take 1 to 3 weeks, given that you are in remote area, likely on the long end) or from Telus and Koodo stores  (and too bad you ask too late, PM was having a $5 promotion online around 2 or 3 weeks ago, you just missed that)

I do not think messaging CS agent will help, they do not want retails help, so they likely wont do discount even you order big batch from them.

They sometimes put it on Amazon, but it is currently unavailable, but you can bookmark the link

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07R6P5KBB?ref=myi_title_dp

If you are really ordering big batch, you can try to call some smaller Telus  and Koodo stores, those authorized dealers, talk to the owners, they might be willing to sweet the deal a little bit

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

I just said I could buy 2 online and there are NONE in my province of labrador, no Telus, no public, no kodoo! I use to order 10 every week at least.

I guess you can always arrange something with other customers to buy you at Telus/Koodo stores as many as you need and mail you. You pay postage or whatever you agree upon.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman   The changes were announced when PM introduced the new self serve account and introduced 4G plans along with the restrictions as to where SIM cards could now be purchased.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Your-Public-Mobile-experience-just-got-...

@Mountainmaxman 

sorry i don't get it what is wrong if you make online for separate each order for 2 SIM card.

buy one and other one free to save money.

and if you buy it from amazon it's not save any money.

@Mountainmaxman 

public mobile company not allowed to any other web or store to sell any SIM PM just by Telus or Koodo or from here online.

@Mountainmaxman 

then contact support team by private message CS_Agent  to maybe you ask them to you can make big order from them.

or found someone go to Telus or koodo store and them buy it from them and shipping to your address home.

Mountainmaxman

some are selling SIM cards on eBay also but after I bought them they all cancelled and said no longer available. not just the 1.00 ones for SIM card and referral link stuff. I have been doing this for 4 years now.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman yea they went strictly online,cut out the middle man I guess only avaliable at telus or koodo stores or amazon,public just had 2 for 10 last week ,maybe they will do it again soon

Mountainmaxman

I just said I could buy 2 online and there are NONE in my province of labrador, no Telus, no public, no kodoo! I use to order 10 every week at least.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman 

because at eBay not have SIM card to make order they just put it a refer-a-friend code,

and that web eBay it's not allowed to selle or post just a code for free they do $0.99 but it's not real SIM card just for code.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman 

not buy it from ebay,

if you want online you can do each order 2 SIM card.

or Find TELUS Stores Near you  or  Koodo Stores  to buy it in person.

Need Help? Let's chat.