cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working and I now cannot access My Account

Sketchy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't access My Account because the new password is being sent to my phone number and my SIM card is not working.

My SIM stopped working a couple of weeks ago, I went to a Telus store and said I had to fix My Account through this portal . I have been a customer for 4 years with the same sim card. 

I know that I need to get a new SIM but I want to keep my phone number. Also I am paying for service I cannot use and cannot cancel other than stopping payment.

I also was told a Telus that I can pay less for the same plan through Koodo.

Please help me access my account.

9 REPLIES 9

@Sketchy wrote:

My email is working but the two step authentication sends the new password to the phone number

@Sketchy  yep, friend visiting from Germany encountered the same bug. Took 3 weeks to fix, and then the 6 digit codes that arrived did not allow password reset. He gave up and went home last week. 

headbang.gif

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sketchy 

You don’t need to get a new SIM.

As noted by others, have the 2FA to your email address.

Check to see if your account is Active or missed payment for lost of service.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Sketchy 

for 2 step authentication can't send to your phone number because not have service.
but you can use it by email. to send the code,

tried use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

then  Reset Password

after success change password close all browser and one page inPrivate mode, To Login Page

if can't login then contact support team by  CS_Agent  to reset for you.

Hi @Sketchy   you should  be able to ask it to send the 2FA code to your email

Worst case, just open ticket with CS agent, they will can help to reset the password for you.  Maybe on ht esame ticket, you can ask to see if they can Change sim card for you as well.  If not, just get back access to My Account first, then request change sim card yourself

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

First type: "Forgot log in information"
Then Click "Contact Us"
Finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

Once ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

salhino

Have you ever tried to reset your password and selected (email) as reference? Try it it might help.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sketchy wrote:

My email is working but the two step authentication sends the new password to the phone number

@Sketchy hi if that's the case you may want to to contact a customer service agent

you will need to open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here you can check for a response in your community envelope top right corner next to your avatar, or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

???

dust2dust_0-1660675522579.png

Sketchy

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is your email not working? There's on option to send it to the registered email address.

Need Help? Let's chat.