cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card locked

maekelly77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Phone is asking for a puk code. Where can I find the puk code for public mobile?Phone is asking for a puk code. Where can I find the puk code for public mobile?

9 REPLIES 9

@maekelly77 Getting new sim might work but you have to pay for it.  It won't work if your phone was set to ask for PUK any time sim is changed or phone powered on.

Walmart will not help you. Can you log in to your account?

Yes it's goofy that you're logged into the community and you then logged in to the chatbot (which also means you know your account login) and then it still wants you to go through it all for the ticket. Yup, goofy. Just do it.

For the ticket, it wants your community login first and then you have 3 options. I would choose the pin option if you know your 4 digit account pin. If you can log in to your account normally then you can change it.

A new sim won't fix this. You set up sim security on your phone. That makes the phone require a pin when you restart. Also if you change sims. It's on the phone. Only support can get it for you. I recommend not bothering with that feature after you get the puk from support.

maekelly77

Thank you.

maekelly77

I would love to contact someone... Who do I contact?  Do I go to the Wal-mart where I bought the SIM card?  I don't know why I sign in to the Public mobile page... I am not signed in to the chat.  I don't know why after logging into the chat I am re-directed again to a sign in page to submit a ticket... that will not accept the credentials I just created. Just a link or a phone number for a CS_Agent or tech support.  Could I solve my issue by getting a new SIM card? 

@maekelly77 

Nope, we are all members like you here. 
The CS_Agent need to link to your SIM for them to retrieve the PUK.
You have to contact them yourself…not hard to do.

maekelly77

Can you direct me to the contact for a CS_Agent?

maekelly77

Unfortunately, even though I created the community account... it will not allow me to sign in to the site I am re-directed to, to submit a ticket.  I do not have the email address for support through the private message option.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@maekelly77 

If you don’t remember the PIN on your SIM lock.

You will need to contact a CS_Agent to look it up for you so submit a ticket on SIMon Chatbot bottom of page or private message them on the envelope icon above.

Need Help? Let's chat.