cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card has not arrived : should i cancel and refund ?

kaoru
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello !

ordered : october 23rd

Thanks for your order on 10/23/2020.

i have a FLEXDELIVERY canada post account which means they keep all my mail there and notify me to retrieve any and all mail in-person

no notification whatsoever for my SIM card arriving. i even spoke to the agent directly; nothing has arrived.

on october 26th, i get an email :

Order 224934. 

Your order is confirmed

We’ve accepted your order, and we’re getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status.

it will be almost 2 weeks without any cellphone service, as i don't have any other old sim card !!

can i cancel and get a refund ?

please advise.

14 REPLIES 14

kaoru

i understand !!

right now, i am just responding to messages from the MODs, so i will update here re. the SIM issue / if this is resolved, i can then close these queries....😁 *whew*

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@kaoru  You're very welcome!

Referral codes do not expire but you should take note that PM does not allow unsolicited referral codes being sent to you via private message (it's frowned upon and goes against the terms / conditions). If you have received these types of messages by members of these forums you should report them.

The only time we are allowed to send you a referral code is if.

A- You write on the forums asking for a code or say I didn't know about a code where can I find one. Then people can private message you their code (you'd likely get alot) and they would write back on the thread saying they sent you their code.

B- If you decided to write someone through private message asking to use their code.

Other than that members should no be sending you unsolicited codes.

kaoru

hello !

thank you very much for this info. !

i just opened a 3rd ticket for this issue, and i think i did receive a referral code in my messages... i hope it does not expire !

if i decide to buy another SIM at a store and activate that instead...

i will wait to see what the MODs say as well.

thank you !

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@kaoru have you heard back from the moderators?

The forums at are all customers like you. Moderators work for Public Mobile.

If you have a Walmart or London drugs near you. You probably should just stop at one of those stores and pick up a sim card. If you use a referral code when activating you're credited $10 within 72 hours which will basically cover the cost of the sim card (not the sales tax) but you'd be good to go. 

Sometimes Walmart or London Drugs gives a free sim card if you activate at the store with them.

You should also write the moderator's again and ask what's going on.

kaoru

i still have no idea whether it was shipped !

i have opened 2 tickets already...

kaoru

here's the message i just sent :

-----

it has taken too long; my order should not have been processed if PM had an issue with my shipping address.

my shipping address is valid;  i receive all amazon orders on the same shipping address i used for the SIM card order. ( a canada post FlexDelivery service )

AND i got no notification that i should change it or that you would need another kind of shipping address !!

the order went through, my card was charged, so i thought all was well.

my SIM card order-charge should be refunded because i did everything right on my end; but i got no news from PM at all that there was any issue.

if i had not opened an account, to open a ticket, to pursue this issue, no one would have cared... =(.

please refund me the amount, plus taxes ( $11.50 ). or i will have to enforce a dispute via the bank.

thank you."

-----

many thanks to the forum users, who offered me advise ! much appreciated.

kaoru

yikes !!! i hope it is easy to cancel the order and get refunded. i will wait for the MOD to get back to me.

kaoru
i just messaged the MOD. to see what's up.

thank you for your message !

kaoru
i just messaged the MOD. to see what's up.

kaoru

yes, if it remains unresolved, i will cancel.

my CHATR sim card does not fit into my iphone SE, as my previous phone was not a smartphone.

i lost that old number too, because of unuse.

i thought i would start fresh with a new phone and a new provider, a new number... i just messaged the MOD. to see what's up.

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kaoru  If you are in a rush best to pick one up at a retail location. It's also a good idea to have a backup sim card just in case your phone gets lost or stolen to minimize downtime.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

With the pandemic it is generally taking two to three weeks for delivery.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@kaoru 

It is most likely in the mail still. It is always good to have a spare sim card. Is there a Walmart, Superstore or London Drugs in your area that you can purchase a sim card/activate?

If you need to enquire about your sim card contact a moderator:

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

With covid, Canada Post deliveries have lagged a bit.  However, 2 weeks does sound like a pretty long time.  You could ask the moderator team to maybe resend your shipment which could be lost.  Click on the chat symbol on the lower right and initiate a ticket.  Hopefully you can work out an amicable arrangement with them.  

Need Help? Let's chat.