cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card PUK locked

Vmaka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • Hi can any moderator help me with my SIM card it got a a SIM card puk locked on my Samsung a51 and can’t use it at all.
8 REPLIES 8

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vmaka :SIM PUK means your SIM card locked after wrong code entered too many times, so it nothing to do with your phone - Public Mobile had this code.

Click that white bubble in bottom right corner and type SIM PUK code.

If you can't get past that white bubble questions then write to Moderator Team by click that white bubble in bottom right corner, or by click envelope button in top right corner.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Vmaka wrote:
  • Hi can any moderator help me with my SIM card it got a a SIM card puk locked on my Samsung a51 and can’t use it at all.

@Vmaka 

Find you PUK: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI (dial *#06# to get it) and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.
  • Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
  • Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

@Vmaka   did you get a message similar to "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."   I think this mean the phone was carrier locked.  Previous provider of the phone or Samsung can help 

Or you were looking for SIM PIN code?  

Just contact the moderators directly, @Vmaka 

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Vmaka

Are you sure about reaching out to Samsung? SIM card puk is a carrier thing

Vmaka

Yeah did that a few hours ago. It keeps looping back to the same question.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Vmaka 

Type exact message you're receiving in SIMon chatbot bubble on lower right of screen and follow precise instructions.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

For Samsung phone, they will give out the code  Contact Samsung  at  https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/#contact  

Just provide them  your phone model  ,  IMEI & Carrier info.  Then you will get the unlock code via email in couple days.

Need Help? Let's chat.