cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Not supported with unlocked iphone 6 carrier public mobile

Maryjanehotshot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So pretty well what the tile says. I have a phone i bought off amazon and bought a new sim card for it. I did all my phone updates and my sim shows its registered on my public mobile account. But when i put the sim card in it says SIM Not Supported .....

Would like some help. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@popping wrote:

@Maryjanehotshot 

Your iPhone from amazon is locked.

Options:

0.   Contact Amazon for return if the description says unlocked phone,  Amazon had change the return policy.  You may have to pay shipping back to Amazon if the description your iPhone is locked.  Good luck.  YMMV

1.  Check with Apple Canada whether it was purchased in Canada.  If yes, Apple may unlock it for you.  YMMV. 

2.  Contact the provider to get it unlock.  Usually, provider will not unlock your phone if they are not their current customer.  YMMV

3.  If it was purchased from Telus OR Koodo, you can create a support ticket to get CS Agent to unlock your iPhone.  PM cannot unlock other providers' locked phones.

4.  If it is was purchased outside Canada, the best opinion is to purchase unlock from eBay.

@Maryjanehotshot 

BNKS27 and Popping are correct. The phone is locked.  I wouldn't even bother with all this.  I would return the phone for a full refund.  There won't be any return shipping fees because the item is defective, but all this of course if dependent that you are still within the required time period either for the A-Z guarantee (for products shipped by third party sellers) or within the usual 30-day return policy for products shipped by Amazon. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Maryjanehotshot wrote:

When i go into settings and go to carrier it says public mobile.

Your iPhone is saying your current provider is PM with your PM SIM card in your phone.  Because your phone is locked and telling you that your PM SIM Not Supported as your phone will only accept the SIM issued by the provider who locked your iPhone.

Take the PM SIM card out and try it again.  Correct me if I am wrong iPhone does not remember the previous providers.

Maryjanehotshot

Says the carrier is Public Mobile.

Maryjanehotshot

When i go into settings and go to carrier it says public mobile.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Maryjanehotshot 

Your iPhone from amazon is locked.

Options:

0.   Contact Amazon for return if the description says unlocked phone,  Amazon had change the return policy.  You may have to pay shipping back to Amazon if the description your iPhone is locked.  Good luck.  YMMV

1.  Check with Apple Canada whether it was purchased in Canada.  If yes, Apple may unlock it for you.  YMMV. 

2.  Contact the provider to get it unlock.  Usually, provider will not unlock your phone if they are not their current customer.  YMMV

3.  If it was purchased from Telus OR Koodo, you can create a support ticket to get CS Agent to unlock your iPhone.  PM cannot unlock other providers' locked phones.

4.  If it is was purchased outside Canada, the best opinion is to purchase unlock from eBay.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Maryjanehotshot 

It sounds like the phone is locked.

Go to Settings>General>About then scroll down to Carrier Lock. It will show the carrier that locked your phone.

If it states No SIM Restrictions then you are lucky and is unlocked.

Contact a CS_Agent for further help.

Need Help? Let's chat.