cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Not Working After Returning from Overseas

tonidkearney
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a recent issue I encountered with my Public Mobile service, and to request a refund for the month of May/June that I paid for but was unable to utilize.

To provide some context, I was away overseas for a few months and, during my absence, I took the necessary steps to temporarily suspend my service. Upon my return, I promptly reactivated my service and made the payment for the previous month.

Regrettably, when I inserted my Public Mobile SIM card upon arriving home, it did not work, despite following all the necessary instructions and troubleshooting steps. I attempted various troubleshooting methods, including restarting my device and ensuring proper insertion, but the SIM card continued to be unresponsive.

As a result of the inoperable SIM card and my urgent need to regain mobile service, I had no choice but to switch to an alternate service provider. While I understand that technical issues can arise, I was disappointed by the inconvenience and the inability to utilize the service I had paid for.

Considering the circumstances, I kindly request a refund for the month of [Month] that I paid for but was unable to use due to the faulty SIM card. I believe it is fair and reasonable to expect a refund for the services that were not provided as intended.

I have been a loyal and satisfied customer of Public Mobile for [duration], and I have always appreciated the affordability and quality of your services. Therefore, I kindly request your prompt attention and resolution regarding this matter.

Please let me know how I can proceed with obtaining the refund for the unused month of service. I would appreciate a response at your earliest convenience.

2 REPLIES 2

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tonidkearney 

If you stopped payment and your account is suspended for more than 90 days.

Your account will be closed, SIM rendered useless and you lost your number.

If your account is suspended for less than 90 days, they resetting the network on your phone.

If that fails, you need to contact a CS_Agent to look into the issue.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tonidkearney - we are all customers and members like you here, and have no access to your account.

These occurrences seems to happen sometimes when returning to Canada.

First thing I would try is to move your SIM card into another phone and see if services work. If services work, then move the SIM back to your phone and perform a reset of the network settings.

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

If the SIM card does not work still, ask customer support to check on your account.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.