cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM NOT SUPPORTED - BELL MOBILITY

Shaq18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate my iPhone SE with PM however when inputting the PM sim card the iPhone locks to a screen that reads 'SIM Not Supported'. Per similar posts in the PM Community on this, I contacted Bell (previous carrier) to have them unlock the phone and they advised that as of today the phone is unlocked but I still get the  'SIM Not Supported' screen.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shaq18 

first you need to test your SIM card is working with another device,

if your device is locked with Bell they only them by Bell to unlocked for you for Free,
Apple company they can't unlocked for you. when you make call to apple the will send to carrier provider,

@Shaq18 wrote:

Hello,

I have not resolved my initial issue, phone is still showing 'SIM Not Supported' when inputting PM SIM card. I have tried with Bell for them to unlock the phone, however they still have not unlocked the phone.

Any other ideas?

@Shaq18 

If Bell won't unlock phone, you could try Apple support, but usually Apple will refer you back to Belt.  Another option is to try some ebay vendors online who will sell you the unlock code. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Shaq18 wrote:

Hello,

I have not resolved my initial issue, phone is still showing 'SIM Not Supported' when inputting PM SIM card. I have tried with Bell for them to unlock the phone, however they still have not unlocked the phone.

Any other ideas?

Are you the original owner of the phone from Bell? You may have trouble getting it unlocked from Bell if you are not the original owner. 

@Shaq18   your phone unlock request have to be via Bell.   I guess you can contact them again and give them more pressure.  

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Bell has not   unlocked the  phone yet?

Shaq18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Any other ideas?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shaq18 

you might try to sync to iTunes (also able to confirm if locked)

1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Shaq18 

Confirm if unlocked by….

To check if your iPhone is locked, open Settings and tap General -> About -> Carrier Lock. An unlocked iPhone will say No SIM Restrictions.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Shaq18 

If unlocked, maybe try rebooting phone with PM Sim card.  

Also, check this website to make sure phone is not blacklisted.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.