cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM CARD REMAINS INVALID OVER 12 HOURS AFTER PURCHASE

Obibun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I posted about this yesterday, messaged moderators. Have tried igcognito, not incognito, different browswers, different devices.

After a failed activation yesterday, which included a brand new SIM card and a $48 voucher, I have no account, nothing registered, and now the SIM card I purchased has been showing up as "invalid" and of course there is nobody to contact about this. 

The%$!@ is wrong with this company? Is it run by dim-witted five year old children? This is absolute insanity. 

I've dropped nearly $60 towards a non-functional service and have absolutely nothing to show for it and nobody to talk to. This shouldn't be legal. 

7 REPLIES 7

Obibun

Yes, my point exactly. If your only "customer support" is a forum of people who have no connection to the company and no authority to affect changes within the systems, you do not have any customer support whatsoever. 

Which, again, is technically a grey area of illegality for telecommunications companies. 

I've already lodged a complaint with the CCTS. 

Beyond anyone's control here on the forums that is responding to you trying to help you. If you tried the suggestions given by every and still not working. Moderators are only ones that can help you!.

You have to wait for a response from them 

Obibun

Did you have a stroke? This is not "beyond anyone's control"

This is within the control of the company. Both for their activation servers and process, and their customer support (or complete lack of it)

Saying this is "beyond anyone's control" is an absurd and outrageous statement to make. As mentioned, this is completely within their control and, in fact, absolutely their duty as a provider who has taken money for a service.

As mentioned this is borderline illegal.

@Obibun 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Did you port over from another company or activate a new PM number? 

You have tried most of the common suggestions that the community members would offer.  

Maybe try putting your SIM card into another different phone to see what happens.  Try activation on a different computer device.  

However, unfortunately, you probably need to wait for moderator help.  

Understand your frustrations. Unfortunately things happen that is beyond anyone's control.

Your post last night was answered. Process can't be speed up.

This is a community forum just regular people trying to help you. Patience!

Your not the only person that Moderators have to assist. When they get to your message they will respond to you. Have a good day!

Obibun

Yes, I have. 

However "patience" is not an acceptable way to run a business. 

If a company takes money from a customer, it has an obligation to provide them with a promised service directly and promptly. And not "maybe in a few days" 

There is no mention on the plans, the website, or any promotional documentation that states "Your activation might not work and your SIM may go invalid, and maybe you might be able to get it fixed in 72 hours if you wait. 

In other words, this is borderline illegal. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you contact moderators as suggested to you on other thread? If not here is the link again.

Allow 24 /48 hours for a response. Sometimes it may take longer. Patience!!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.