cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run out talking time but my plan is unlimte talking

kungfun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is unlimte talking provincial, I just get the message I'm run out talking time and need long distance add-on, but I didn't out of my city and just make local call only. And I can't make any local call now. What I can do now

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kungfun 

Do you have the $35 plan at the top right corner of the image below? (Ignore the one circled in red.) Schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $25/1gb Plan. It has unlimited Canada wide calling instead of provincial calling and you'll save $10 a month.

Edit: Oops forgot to add the image!!

Screenshot_20210924-171016~2.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kungfun 

There is an old glitch that has occurred with plans that have provincial talk that could have crept up again. But let's see if you can reprovision your Sim card. Do you have another phone you can put your Sim card in and attempt to make a call from? Then put it back in your phone and reboot.

kungfun

I'm in Ottawa and I just call local, I can call in the morning but not at night, the text & data is fine. I believe they have network problem

kungfun

Even they don't let me have local call

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Has user lockup touched on it? What province are you in currently? What province is the area code of the number you're trying to call from? It's not about geographic proximity. You could be sitting at the other end of the couch and still need to call long distance. Or in this case, not able to call the person.

Does texting work? Cellular data browsing (not wifi)?

kungfun

I believe the public mobile wed is down, I can't login to my account

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kungfun 

With the system outage you can't currently make any changes but you should seriously consider updating your plan to a current one that offers more features for the same or even a cheaper price. Although not listed on the current plans page there is a limited time offer on your self serve accounts plan and add ons page for $40/15gb of "4G" LTE data and unlimited texts and Canada wide calling. (Check your text messages from 5194 for the offer and the ability to reply YES to schedule a plan change on next renewal). Even the current $35/3gb "3G" plan has unlimited Canada wide calling.

Edit:

Don't worry you will keep your $$ rewards....just don't join the points program as you will regret this irreversible decision.

lockup

Then I think you should only be able to call area codes in your province, regardless of whether or not you put a (1) in front of the rest of the number. My guess is the system is saying you're out of long distance minutes.

kungfun

My plan is $35 unlimited provincial talk back to 2016

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kungfun 

Try rebooting your phone and dial (1) before your phone number otherwise wait for the courtesy message to finish and your call should connect anyways.

What plan do you have? Fall 2016 promo?

kungfun

No, they say I'm use all of the minutes

@kungfun wrote:

My plan is unlimte talking provincial, I just get the message I'm run out talking time and need long distance add-on, but I didn't out of my city and just make local call only. And I can't make any local call now. What I can do now

If you dial 1 before the area code and number, do the calls work?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@kungfun 

Try putting a 1 in front of the number. 

You should look at getting one of the current unlimited Canada Wide calling once self service comes back up. 

Need Help? Let's chat.