cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming to Public Mobile Partners

jk0373
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be travelling thru the states.  If I add the proper add-on, how do I ensure that my phone will only connect to public mobile partners AT&T and T Mobile?  Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jk0373 : Just to fill out the connecting to a different network bit...towers and networks will see the presence of your phone. All but the two partners will see you, decide you're not welcome and ignore you.

The two will see you and open the door and let you in.

But as with providers here, one or the other might be better in a particular spot.

@jk0373 

Your very welcome and happy travels!

jk0373

Many thanks

jk0373

many thanks

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jk0373 wrote:

I will be travelling thru the states.  If I add the proper add-on, how do I ensure that my phone will only connect to public mobile partners AT&T and T Mobile?  Thanks

If you leave it as Automatic, it will try to connect to either of them. 

However, You can manually select AT&T or T-Mobile yourself.  In fact it is not a bad choice to manually pick them  and see which one works better.  Some places work better with one not the other. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jk0373 

The great thing about public mobile is you cannot be charged for something you have not pre-purchased.

When travelling to the US, it's always a good idea to plan your US roaming purchase about 6-12 hours preceding departure; once the add-on is purchased you have 240 hours access/use to that roaming service.

See here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/travelling-outside-of-canada-and-the-us

Happy Travels!!!

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@jk0373 

You can manually select either of those mobile partners from in your phone network settings.

But your phone will automatically choose one of those mobile partners, depending on the signal strength.

You won't be charged any extra fees if by chance you get connected onto another mobile carrier, other than those two you mentioned.

Need Help? Let's chat.