cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working in Palm Springs

NoRoamingInPS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a US Roaming and Talk and Text 15 day package for $50 and it’s not working. 

roaming is on in settings. I changed APN to APN:SP.MB.COM and rebooted my phone.  

ugh.  What do I do or how do I get a refund for the service that I’ve paid for that’s not working?  

6 REPLIES 6

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I've never had issues with texting using Public Mobile roaming in Palm Springs. Phone calls didn't work last November when i went because of the whole 3G shutdown. If you haven't been upgraded to VoLTE yet, you could try and force your phone to 2G and see if you can make calls. No idea why you can't text though. Are you sure you completed the purchase of the add on and you didn't just add funds to your account? Check your account in Incognito Mode. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@treefrog Thanks.  I had no idea they changed.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NoRoamingInPS 

Is this your first purchase of a US roaming add-on or is it your second purchase? Login to your account and make sure you see it on your account or do you just see the funds you added in your account balance? If it's your second purchase you have to wait 24 hours before purchasing the same roaming add-on again or contact customer support to add it for you during the 24-hour waiting period.

What kind of phone do you have? Do you see T-Mobile? Can you manually select it? Do you have volte enabled on your phone?

@DDM69 

Those are the old US roaming add-ons you have posted. 

@NoRoamingInPS wrote:

I bought a US Roaming and Talk and Text 15 day package for $50 and it’s not working. 

roaming is on in settings. I changed APN to APN:SP.MB.COM and rebooted my phone.  

ugh.  What do I do or how do I get a refund for the service that I’ve paid for that’s not working?  

The $15 talk and text roaming add-on doesn't include any mobile data, and changing APN settings would have no effect on your voice and SMS services.  APN settings are only for data.  

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Something doesn't add up...  which ad on is $50?

new.png

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@NoRoamingInPS Are you getting any signal? There is no US roaming package for $50. Which one or multiple ones did you purchase? APN settings is usually not needed to be changed, but that is when you don't have any data access.

Need Help? Let's chat.