cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in the USA

Westie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As part of my plan i have roaming and cell coverage in the US. Data seems to work , however no cell coverage 

6 REPLIES 6

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Also note that TMo is officially shutting down 2G (which PM needs for voice roaming in US) in Dec 2022. I believe they've been cutting back on the network already, though not yet shut down completely. PM should probably think about not offering voice roaming any more (text and data roam in US on 4G).

[to correct myself, I've seen lots of estimates of TMO 2G shutting down Dec/22, but haven't found a firm date actually published by TMo]

Westie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you have the old $60 plan?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If your (grandfathered) plan offers US service while in USA, try to connect to t-mobile and choose 2G since 3G is not available in USA anymore (that is called 'progress').

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Roaming isn't part of your plan...you need one of the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons available for use whilst in USA.

Manually select T-Mobile once you have it and are in US.

added...

ah yes...there was an old plan that included US Roaming but looks like you're a new customer. That old plan hasn't been around for a few years now. Only the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons are valid nowaday.

Thanks for the reminder @Yummy 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Westie Try manually set your phone to the 2G network and choose T Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.