cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip off

Ymusse11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why are putting the due date day in advance month after month this’s rip off plus you don’t live representative to complain about it I think you doing this in purpose please change that because many people are leaving you including me.

10 REPLIES 10

Shorty_J
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I too was a little upset by the fact that it is only 30 day service, but such is the price we pay for the affordable service that PM provides (this is so they are able to provide said service at an affordable price). Other than this tiny annoyance PM has provided myself, my husband and daughter with reliable, affordable service for more than 4 years now. If you read the terms and agreement before signing up you would have been informed about all the issues you are complaining about beforehand and could have made a more informed choice before becoming a PM user. 

a little advice, make sure you read the full terms of service and agreement before signing up with your next company if you are that unhappy with PM. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ymusse11 

I have been on PM for over a year and never had any issues with payment since I am on AutoPay and never had to think about payment and I get a text indicating that my bill has been paid.

I rarely have to contact a CS_Agent once my service is up and running.

I was on the top tier carrier…same thing, rarely need to contact customer service except paying the higher priced plan so when I need to talk to agent.

Nowadays, everything is done through chat now for faster service help…same thing here except this Community members help other members. If we can’t help then pm or chat with an agent.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As others have said billing is every 30 days, but I will agree it is a slight rip off. Not enough to be a deal breaker, but for example I have my home internet thru teksavvy which is also a prepaid service, but their pay date stays on the same date every month. So for a month with 31 days, the following pay doesn't change on you. You get a "free day" for lack of a better way to put it, in comparison. But then you also get screwed by a few days for the end of February that way lol, can't entirely win either way

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ymusse11 

Did you previously have postpaid service? Prepaid service works differently. "Billing" is every 30 days instead of monthly. By definition you pay ahead of recieving your services. If you don't pay before your due date your services get suspended. Public Mobile gives you about a 6 hour grace period to top up before suspension. If you don't make a payment (or have autopay) by 6am eastern on Day 1 of your renewal your account services will be suspended at that time.

Customer support is all online. The community can help answer most questions, troubleshoot your phone or services, give advice or offer suggestions on apps, phone purchases, international/local sim cards when travelling etc.....and you can get help 24/7 from the community. Customer support operates 16 hours a day from 6am to 10pm eastern and on occasion you may get assistance from a CSA outside of those hours.

Public Mobile is D-I-Y service and for many of us that was one of the selling points. You can manage your own services rather than having to pick up phone and sit on hold for every little thing in your account and in some cases pay extra to get it done. If you want to learn how to manage your account and services spend some time in the community. Use the search bar. Read some threads. Ask a question. Engage with members helping you.. Bravo. Award a solution. Learn. You will be glad you did.

Welcome to the community. Welcome to Public Mobile. If you leave we will be sorry to see you go...

DDM69

It sounds to me like you joined Public Mobile without doing any research. This community is for people to get help. If you want help finding a solution, be kind and explain the issue. If you want to complain because you didn’t understand the service you signed up for, kindly cancel and move on. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Ymusse11, if the payment date changing a day earlier is the only issue than that is a good thing.  PM is a  prepaid service on 30 day plans so their payment date is correct, you may have not just read the enough into PM before signing up, or if you were referred your referrer didn't inform you enough before getting you to sign up.  I hope everything else with your service is working fine.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Ymusse11 wrote:

Why are putting the due date day in advance month after month

A convenience to you as a reminder.....cool off!!

this’s rip off

No it is not.....perhaps you are mis informed or not willing to understand. 

plus you don’t live representative to complain about it

You should have known that before you stated up with PM. Contacting a CSA is efficient. 

I think you doing this in purpose

No, is part of passing a lower cost mobile plan to you.  

please change that because many people are leaving you including me.

Go for it.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Billing period is 30 days. Not a fixed date every month.

It was clearly stated in service agreement and it is not a rip off.

Same as support - on line through personal mail through Community if you have account issues or by PM customers for any other issue.

MrSpock

@Ymusse11 hi yes there are a lot of things around here that are a little upsetting including what you are saying but I have had great service and very cheap prices when I add in all my rewards if you want to complain to someone 

you will need to  open a ticket   to speak to a customer service agent they will help you  Click here or you can send private message to a CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Like many prepaid providers this is a 30 day deal. Not a month. So no need to complain to a live representative. You could complain using the ticketing method or a private message to a cs_agent.

Yes many people stay away or leave due to not having someone standing by 24/7 ready to talk to you. They look at it as a cost-cutting measure. How often do you REALLY need a representative though.

Need Help? Let's chat.