Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

billyjean007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do you earn a top 50% badge

14 REPLIES 14

@kb_mv 

Ugh.....algebra that's where math and I parted ways. My brain doesn't work within that system.

@darlicious wrote:

@billyjean007 

As much as we may feel the rewards should be merit based the calculation for the community reward is really a mathematical  equation. What that is and how it can be tweaked is only for big blue to know and for us to speculate about.

@darlicious I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy on the inside. I am assured that this is the definitive formula used. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 5.06.30 PM.png

@billyjean007 

As much as we may feel the rewards should be merit based the calculation for the community reward is really a mathematical  equation. What that is and how it can be tweaked is only for big blue to know and for us to speculate about.

@billyjean007 wrote:

That’s weird cause how can new users earn rewards by proposing solution or help others when they probably need help themselves.

As long as you are actively participating in the community you should earn some type of reward. Your post does not have to be the “solution” chosen. We all started out here just like you are. 

billyjean007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That’s weird cause how can new users earn rewards by proposing solution or help others when they probably need help themselves.

@HALIMACS 

Yes.....the amount of users and the level of activity affects the level of participation and the amount of rewards in total that are awarded each month. See here for some insight.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Community-Rewards-Allocation/m-p/578760#M83...

I believe you're correct, @gpixel .  The badges for top contributor levels apply for activity during the prior calendar month.  I take that to mean that if someone maintains a similar level of activity month over month on the Community, that doesn't mean they'll maintain the same contributor level as it's based on everyone's activity in the community for that particular month. 

Is that how others view it?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@billyjean007 it's hard to say what the quota is for top 50%. for some users, all it took was one post and some Bravo's. others have had the same and not qualified. I think as a new user, it doesn't take much, but as the months go on you will need to contribute more. I think it's also dependant on the total contributors in the month.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@billyjean007 

Well it’s based on certain calculations but that should be the reason you’re on here. Keep in mind if you get that badge you will only earn $1. You shouldn’t spend all your time on here just to earn $1 but to share your knowledge or to occasionally check the forums to see if others have the same problem as you for example or for something else.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@billyjean007 in short, be active on this forum and you can earn up to 15$ per month. Answer questions, help people, and add value.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can earn up to $15 every 30 days for the Community award.  Read up on past posts and solutions.  Helping others is more rewarding then the monetary award.  You can save more money by referring friends and family with the Referral award.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@billyjean007 

Lol.....but you have....when you are a new member you come to the community and hang out. Read some threads, ask some questions. Bravo posts that help you learn, award solutions when you get your questions answered. Use the search bar to learn the answers to other users questions and help them if you find the answer. ( A checkmark indicates a solution which is usually the answer but not always....find the same solution to the same question a few times and then you know for sure.) 

So just do this when you have time to hang out and your on your way to contributing to the community that the secret formula with 11 herbs and spices that calculates your level of participation and awards the community rewards each month. Welcome to the community!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@billyjean007  You earn this by participating in the Community by asking questions, posting replies with proposed solutions, acknowledging posts with Bravo's, and generally being helpful.  I'll give you a Bravo to help you along!!!

For more information, follow this link and scroll to the section titled, The Community Reward:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@billyjean007 

You just started with your post....

Need Help? Let's chat.