cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards / Refer a friend

VMW
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a special promotion.  Refer a friend and we will both get a $5 credit for 5 months.  My friend decided to take up the offer. Online it states SIM cards are available at Telus stores. Problem is no Telus place locally had a SIM card. The first place even told him he didn’t need a SIM card to activate a new account.  He went to a number of places and none of them had a SIM card.  The promotion expires tonight and we can’t take advantage of it as we cannot get a SIM card.  If we order a SIM card online now will we qualify for the promotion? Help. 

28 REPLIES 28

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@ottawa 

I will keep you in mind for the next time it happens? But no you cannot buy Public Mobile SIM cards at retail locations any longer. I suggest you stock up on a few extras when public mobile offers them for $5 otherwise you have to buy them from a Telus or Koodo corporate store for full price at $10 plus tax.

Thanks. I had missed/forgotten the fact they're not sold by retailers (I knew CCS was cut off, and realized it was everyone, but didn't make the connection that included WM and WOW).

ottawa

@poojajain wrote:

if there is an ongoing offer, which is going to expire, public mobile will wait for your sim card to be delivered and give you that offer.

Do you have direct experience with that? I'd be happy if true, but my experience in ancient times (a few years ago) was not the same. I recall threads (maybe elsewhere) where we said it would be nice if they put the SIM # in the tracking info when they shipped (though not realistic).

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa 

I will keep you in mind for the next time it happens? But no you cannot buy Public Mobile SIM cards at retail locations any longer. I suggest you stock up on a few extras when public mobile offers them for $5 otherwise you have to buy them from a Telus or Koodo corporate store for full price at $10 plus tax.

ottawa

Thanks for the reference. Sorry I didn't see it until now. Yes I'm usually in greater Ottawa. And I tend to keep a spare PM SIM for helping friends in cases like this (I bought an extra one, and each time I help someone they pay for the next one :). I find it effective both for beating deadlines, and for making it easier to have me do it :).

My experience with both PM and Fizz (Videotron) is their activation deadlines don't include time to get a SIM, nor are they clear about it. In years past, WM always refused to sell me just a SIM, but WOW would sell just the SIM. Not sure that's still true (nor am I sure either sells PM any more :).

poojajain

but honestly I realised that it wasted too much of my time in sending messages to customer support and they keep asking to verify different accounts again and again. it could get very frustrating when customer support keep asking multiple questions to verify again and again during the same conversation thread and it takes too much time in sending messages and replying. some people might find it better to speak over phone and finish it in 5-10 min rather than hours of time in back and forth messages. I shared all this information so that other people know what to expect..

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I ordered sim cards on the 21st and they arrived yesterday or rather Thursday the 29th. They came from a shipping address in Calgary to Vancouver. Certainly not as fast as CCS used to fulfill their orders via Canada Post. It's really a shame the public mobile did not keep Canadian sale supplies as a vendor as the owner was a shining five star example of excellent customer service.

I couldn't resist at the last minute I activated a $25 plan now I just have to get rid of it! 🤪

@poojajain but it can take as many as 3 weeks for PM to deliver and no tracking

Amazon ships in 2 days if you have Prine membership.   And the link I posted is also sold by PM, just fulfilled by Amazon.  The proce also might cine down sometimes.  So bookmark it in case you need 

poojajain

I think buying sim card from public mobile website is better than amazon because no delivery charges and if there is an ongoing offer, which is going to expire, public mobile will wait for your sim card to be delivered and give you that offer. Additionally, public mobile website usually have 50% discount on sim card so you just pay $5 or they give 1 extra sim card free.

VMW

darlicious

I did try customer support again but got no where

poojajain

I’m impressed with your tenacity.  
   Thank you to everyone who tried to help me.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@poojajain 

Wow! Really?!! I didn't know customer support would even consider doing this? Well done on you on putting your best effort in for both yourself and your referrals I'm impressed! It must have to do something with that fire hydrant blood running through your veins that you're persistent and will doggedly hassle customer support into bending to your will!

Well done!

@VMW 

Don't give up customer support is open for another 15 minutes send them another message and see if they will agree to the same deal for you and your referral.

poojajain

The exact same thing happened with me and I opened a ticket in the same way explained on other reply and told customer care agent that I want to get this offer but could not find a sim card anywhere nearby so I can order a sim card if they can provide me this offer when sim card arrive. They agreed and asked me to place an order online to buy sim card. when sim card arrived, I contacted them again and asked them to apply the promotion on my account and on other 2 new accounts.

However I did not get monthly credits of $5 on any of the accounts so I had to submit ticket and send multiple messages to customer care to get the total credit of that $50 applied to my account for referring 2 people under that promotion. But remember it wasted lot of time in back and forth messages and they ask you lot of questions on the name of verification and keep asking again and again during the process and it gets very frustrating. I ended up porting out 1 of my numbers after that.

Hus

I actually used that promotion. First I ordered it online but once I realized that it was 5-10 business days I knew I wouldn’t be benefiting the offer. This was confirmed by the agent I talked to online. So he was nice enough to reimburse it and I went to an actual store to buy the SIM card. It is unfortunate you couldn’t get a SIM card.from what I understood with the conversation I had with the agent, you will not be able to qualify for the offer if you don’t have the SIM card today ;(

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@VMW 

Maybe......

@Ed404 will magically appear?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@VMW 

Oh I used to live in Barrhaven. Kind of far away from there now though....I assume @ottawa lives there though. I don't know how quickly they would answer a tag in a thread. Who else may live in your area that could maybe help you out with a SIM card until you could replace it? You have 2 hours and 40 minutes or rather 2 hours and 20 minutes to get your hands on a SIM card or someone close to you who could activate your friend before the promo ends at 11:59:59 p.m. your time. It would be a long wait for me to mail you a SIM card you probably wouldn't get it till next Friday but maybe someone closer can help you out?

@brettster99 

Where are you located these days?

VMW

Thanks. Just heard back from the customer care representative and we have missed out on the promotion.  So I don’t think my friend is interested anymore.  I don’t think he’s very impressed with Public Mobile at the moment. 

VMW

Nepean - these days a suburb of Ottawa. 

VMW

I just clicked on ‘find a store’ and the first store we went to is listed.  This is also the store that told us we didn’t need a SIM card for a new account. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@VMW 

You might find a SIM on FB Marketplace or Craigslist. Who knows, someone in your area might be getting rid of one.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@VMW 

Where are you located?

Hi @dust2dust how could you understand that post?  I know every single word there but the whole thing just does not make sense.

@Remember- What??? Apart from that...it's corporate stores only. There are many Telus and Koodo retailers. They do not sell Public sim cards.

Remember

@VMW 

TELUS Stores  https://stores.telus.com

Stores Koodo http://koodomobile.com/en/find-nearest-store

try to give them a call make some store has take the sim number and start activated unit you to that store to take sim

or start new poster ask in here someone has a sim card to give to you for free or pay for and put it you area a lot they have it.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Only corporate Telus or Koodo stores might have sims. Some people like to keep saying any. This is not true. Click on Find a store at the bottom and see what you can find near you.

You might also say roughly whereabouts you are and one of the regulars here might be able to get you one.

I think it could be technically interpreted that if you order online that THAT is when you have intended to become a customer. But I wouldn't bank on it.

VMW

except none of them have a SIM card.  If they had a card I wouldn’t have a problem 

Remember

@VMW 

if you order new simc ard is still can't activated you need sim card number to activated.

so telus and koodo they have sim card you can found in your area any store to buy it.

Remember

@VMW 

open a ticket with PM CS_Agent. at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. ask them maybe to do so.

type: Contact Us and Other 
Finally Click here to submit a ticket
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

If you have error submitting a ticket, send a private message to the CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check inbox(top right corner envelope icon) for response from CS_Agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.