cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated 611 texts about international texts

ACollins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just switched to a OnePlus 6 from a OnePlus 3T (which worked great on PM). I've done a search and all the solutions seem to be about iMessage issues on iPhones. No iMessages installed. I'm thinking an app is trying to send a message to the States, but can't find any evidence of it. Could someone look into this issue. It is driving me bonkers. 

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@NDesai I don't think OnePlus use the Google Dialer even in Android Pie, but just in case...

True. OP might have manually installed it. 

@NDesai would have had to sideload it, but that's possible.  Here's what Google Play shows for the Google Phone app on my OP5T running Oxygen OS 9.0 (on Android 9.0):

Screenshot_20181231-122858.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@NDesai I don't think OnePlus use the Google Dialer even in Android Pie, but just in case...

True. OP might have manually installed it. If he checks the usage history, there should be an outgoing number that might link to the app that is sending those texts. Depending on that, OP can disable the sms permission. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ACollins to remove the SMS permission from the dialier, go to Settings, Apps & notifications, Phone, Permissions, and turn the slider on SMS from On to Off. 

You can review ALL apps that have SMS permissions by going to Settings, Apps & notifications, App permissions, SMS, and scrolling through the list.  If any look suspicious, try turning them off and see if the problem stops.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

darcygibbs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Unfortunately, no one here is able to directly look into your problem or pull up any account information - however what I'd recommend is to make sure you've updated your carrier settings and perhaps wait a few days since it's a fresh activation.

If that doesnt work, you can always block the number to prevent future text messages. Any important stuff such as billing information will be sent via e-mail from Public Mobile.

Hopefully this helps!

-Darcy

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ACollins This is a known issue. Are you using the google dialer app? If yes, turn off the text permission on it or disable visual voicemail from settings. 

Need Help? Let's chat.