cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal Date keeps changing. Shorter!!!

Batmanwho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My renewal date in December was on the 16th. This month they say it's the14th. If my service runs from January 15th - Feb 14th. Doesn't it expire at Midnight  on the 13th or the 14th? I would it interpret it ending the 14th at midnight.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Batmanwho 

PM will be charging you 12 months and 5 days in a year.

@dust2dust wrote:

I think the account should say 12:01am of the first date (fine) but then it should mean 11:59pm of the proper second date.

100% agree to this @dust2dust 

OP's My Account shows January 15th - Feb 14th, which has you said is 31 days. 

Should be January 15th - Feb 13th - IMO.

So silly, and dare I say misleading. We are often telling people plans are 30 days here, then PM goes and lists dates like they do in our My Accounts, giving the illusion of 31 days. 🙄

January 15th - Feb 14th = 31 days:

esjliv_0-1676408862993.png

@Luddite but out of 12, this is the only month we laugh at others...,🤣

Pity the folks who sign up for monthly plans in February, eh. 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The dates on the account are from 12:01am of the first date to 12:01am of the second date (eastern). 611 says the payment will be taken at 2am of the second date which is fine. (although it doesn't really)

I think the account should say 12:01am of the first date (fine) but then it should mean 11:59pm of the proper second date.

@Batmanwho wrote:

My renewal date in December was on the 16th. This month they say it's the14th. If my service runs from January 15th - Feb 14th. Doesn't it expire at Midnight  on the 13th or the 14th? I would it interpret it ending the 14th at midnight.

Your plan doen't go from January 15 to February 14.  That's actually 31 days.  Please note that your Public Mobile plan isn't charged by the month, but rather for a a length of 30 days.  The day of renewal is supposed to sometimes change.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Batmanwho  PM is 30 day cycle so this make sense won’t be same date each month 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Batmanwho   this is normal.  PM is running on a 30 days cycle and NOT monthly

Your renewal date will move up 1 day after a 31 days month

But good news,  next renewal will be push back 2 days (Feb only has 28 days)

(corrected typo)

Need Help? Let's chat.