cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew SIM card

Card
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had an account with PM. In February 2020 I went to Thailand for three months. I ended up staying almost three years. After three months in Thailand I stopped paying my cell phone as I wasn’t using it. I’ve tried logging into my account but am unsuccessful. I still have my SIM card. I’m returning to Ontario in a few days as there was a death in my family. I’m going to need a cell phone once I arrive in Toronto. I tried buying a new plan with the SIM card I have but it won’t accept it. 
Am I not able to use it? Will I lose my phone number? What options do I have?

TIA.

4 REPLIES 4

Card
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The sim I have is dead after non payment of 90 days. I’ll just have to start all over. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Card 

Unfortunately your old SIM is dead and your number is gone.

Any nonpayment longer than 90 days...your SIM is history.

Depending on how long you are staying in Canada, you might want to download TextNow app to get free calling and texting on wifi.

If you are staying long term, you will need a new PM SIM and a new number on the $15 plan.

Good suggestion by @darlicious and pick a new SIM from Canadian Cell Supplies online for $4 on sale and arrange for pickup in the Mississauga/Oakville area.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Card wrote:

I had an account with PM. In February 2020 I went to Thailand for three months. I ended up staying almost three years. After three months in Thailand I stopped paying my cell phone as I wasn’t using it. I’ve tried logging into my account but am unsuccessful. I still have my SIM card. I’m returning to Ontario in a few days as there was a death in my family. I’m going to need a cell phone once I arrive in Toronto. I tried buying a new plan with the SIM card I have but it won’t accept it. 
Am I not able to use it? Will I lose my phone number? What options do I have?

TIA.

Public Mobile doesn't sell SIM card and plan at the same time. You need SIM before you can do that.  Sorry about your death in the family.  Do you already have the SIM?  For paying for the plan when activating, the credit card needs to be from Canada or U.S.A.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Card 

You need a new Sim card and a new phone #. You can try calling it and on the off chance it's still available and originally a telus family number you may be able to get it back?

Edit:

Since you are landing in Toronto you can arrange pick up of a pm Sim card from Canadian Cell Supplies. Last I looked they were $4+tax. Otherwise you can only order from pm online, Amazon or purchase from corporate koodo or telus stores or mobile klinik. Call ahead first to make sure they are in stock. Only online activations now. Contact your original referrer for their referral code again.

Need Help? Let's chat.