cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove credit card from account

half-fast
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I go to pay my bill, my ccredit card is on file already. I never asked for this.  How can I remove it?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

half-fast

That's not the point at all. Its still a huge PITA when it could have been avoided.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@half-fast 

I have no idea why this change was made by public mobile when they rolled out the new self-service accounts. I refuse to leave a credit card on any site and public mobile was the exception to this rule because auto pay was not pre-authorized payments. Luckily since there are no overages extra billing or extra fees with public mobile there's less of fear that public mobile we'll just charge your card randomly as it is to my understanding they still are only able to make a one time attempt at payment on your card.

But being hacked is a legitimate reason to not want your card to be left on your account. Of course only the first four digits and the last four digits of your credit card can be seen. However what a hacker can see compared to a customer support agent or the customer is a whole different matter although credit card issuers have a very strict policy on merchants who retain this kind of information and if you did get hacked Public Mobile would be responsible for any liabilities. Especially since they've removed your ability to remove your card.

My offer of the details of a gift credit card so that you can remove your card and add it and so on each month before renewal to make a Top-Up payment stands. As this would be your easiest workaround to this issue.

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@half-fast 

to get hacked no way, there 3 security system has and also any credit card has a insurans why you worry and when next 30 day you need to pay bill also you will add and after one day you will be remove,

half-fast

I dont understand why they *need* to keep it on file. Even Bell doesnt do this.

half-fast

because I dont want it there in case they get hacked. why do they need to keep it? Why cant I just type it in every month to pay, I know it off by heart. Why does it bother you? Strange.

half-fast

That is super sketchy.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@half-fast 

Are you a points rewards customer or on the old $$ rewards program? If you are on the old rewards program and you would still like to earn the $2 auto pay reward but you do not want an active credit card on file to automatically renew your plan you can add a $0 gift credit card.

You do not need to contact customer support to do this you can do this yourself by replacing it in your self-serve account by choosing manage my payment method on the payment page.

If you don't have one of these cards I have plenty and I'm happy to pass on the details of one of these cards so you can replace your active credit card. Even if you don't have the $2 autopay reward and you just want to replace the card you can contact me via private message to get the card details of one of my cards.

If you keep these card details in a safe place you can go into your account and replace the gift credit card with your real credit card to make a payment and then reverse the process. Just keep in mind you can only do this twice per hour or you will start getting error messages and your account can get flagged for a possible fraud lockout.

So just don't make a mistake if you have to pay and then replace the card again or you will have to wait an hour till you can try again.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@half-fast

if you decide to remove it, please note that you will have to use Voucher to pay of there is no more credit card on file.  You can get vouchers from stores like SDM/711/London Drugs or online at recharge.com

And if you just want to change to another card, you can just update to the new one and the old one would be replaced

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@half-fast 

so why you need to remove? you will be need tp pay for next 30 day and you will add again,

keep your autopayment on,prepaid service 30 day and not have any extra charges, when any limit of your plan is end it's will be off until renewal date will e back.

@hairbag1 With the new My Account, You can only disable Autopay yourself but not remove the CC

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@half-fast  When you joined, there was a clause saying they will keep your CC on the system amd will enable Autopay

you can disable Pre-Authorized payments at the Payment page.

If you really want to remove it completely,  you will have to open ticket with PM support

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You can log in to your account and remove cc info.

edit'd

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@half-fast 

hi to remove cc you will need to contact customer service 

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user

Need Help? Let's chat.